Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #8,041 of 37,618
I was wondering the same thing.

What wizardry is this? 
blink.gif

Haha MP3!!!  
L3000.gif

I had FLAC on the mind earlier
deadhorse.gif
 ( Please no puns lol )

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #8,045 of 37,618
Someone in my country offer me with good price and 99% mint condition. Just about $173 (converted from IDR), ho can resist it? Hahahaha...

I mean how does it sound? That's a great price

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #8,046 of 37,618

I have the Pelican myself and I must say its a very nice all rounder.
Not too warm, Not too bright, Clean and detailed sound.
And most importantly for me, Clear but not overpowering mids.
Definitely sounds better in a fully balanced configuration.
But all in all a lot of amp for the price :wink:

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #8,047 of 37,618

Great sounding too, more detail, wider sounds tage, good impact and tight bass, dead silent, black background, no hiss :)D).
I find the stock opamp and buffer (installed from factory, forget the name/series, lol) more suitable for me. Smaller than I imagine :D.
The cons its popping when I turn it on, same like DX50.

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #8,048 of 37,618
Latest Addition for use with the DX50 (for when I fancy Headphones rather than my custom IEM's)

should also have a JDS C5 amp arriving over the next couple of days.

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #8,049 of 37,618
Latest Addition for use with the DX50 (for when I fancy Headphones rather than my custom IEM's)

should also have a JDS C5 amp arriving over the next couple of days.

The C5 won't disappoint. :)

May I ask what's the silver thing coming out of your Line-Out 3.5mm jack socket?

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #8,050 of 37,618
The C5 won't disappoint. :)

May I ask what's the silver thing coming out of your Line-Out 3.5mm jack socket?

That's what I'm hoping to be honest.....I've been using my DX50 via the Line Out with my O2 amp and Momentums in the office today and have been really impressed with the increase in dynamics and soundstage an amp provides. Don't get me wrong, I'm listening to the DX50 and Senns now and they sound great....but adding an amp takes it to the next level.

The Silver thing in the Line Out socket is just a 3.5mm socket plug......it just stops dust getting into the sockets. Weirdly though if you try and add one to the optical out it detects it as a cable and stops the headphone out working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back