Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #2,296 of 37,679
Congrats Michael for your new T1
how you find the SQ from your combo ? 

I want to give the T1some burn in time, but the combo is great. To my ears, it improves bass power, fullness of sound and overal soundstage. These are of course subtle improvements over the dx100 internal amp, but it works very well with à scalable iem like the Miracle.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #2,299 of 37,679

Forgot one in that pic....the e280 I bring to work was still in my backpack....lol.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #2,302 of 37,679
Quote:
Hi Achmedisdead
do you carry all your dap in your backpack every day or you carry one day only one 
different dap ?

Hi Rudi.

It depends on where I am going. If I am just out running an errand or taking a walk, I will go ultra-portable and carry a Clip Zip that sits in my shirt pocket....if I am going to be gone for a while then I will carry a couple of players.

When I go to work, I bring the old Sansa e280 or iPod mini along and plug it into the auxiliary jack of the stereo system there, but other than that, there's usually two players with me....one of the Clip Zips as the beater (because they are cheap to replace in case something was to happen) and then one of the larger players to use when I get to wherever I am going.

Feb 21, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #2,304 of 37,679
My cable simply would not behave itself for a photo. We struggled together for many a picture to get this far. What I did end up with is a mysterious water effect over the C3's faceplate! for your viewing pleasure! This little rig the foot print of a credit card has really taken off in the C3 appreciation thread, it does sound mighty fine and packs some punch! The hype is justified, really tight with good attack.

Colorfly C3 / C&C BH / Rhapsodio RDB+ / SMSL silver plated / 8 braid custom copper RDB+ cable.

Feb 21, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #2,305 of 37,679
Quote:
My cable simply would not behave itself for a photo. We struggled together for many a picture to get this far. What I did end up with is a mysterious water effect over the C3's faceplate! for your viewing pleasure! This little rig the foot print of a credit card has really taken off in the C3 appreciation thread, it does sound mighty fine and packs some punch! The hype is justified, really tight with good attack.

Colorfly C3 / C&C BH / Rhapsodio RDB+ / SMSL silver plated / 8 braid custom copper RDB+ cable.

Very nice setup, are you using this because you have sent off your CK4?

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #2,306 of 37,679
Very nice setup, are you using this because you have sent off your CK4?

I've been offered to send the CK4 back for repair yes and will probably do so tomorrow. To be honest this rig sounds better in some ways, not so much deep detailing levels or soundstage of CK4+, but rather balanced which leans more towards an audiophile signature. CK4 although vivid / rich does lean more towards a coloured or enhanced sig, it's hard to say which is better without hearing them. Pretty much they both have ups and downs. like anything I guess.

I could live with either rig and be happy,

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #2,307 of 37,679
Quote:
Testing the revised Tralucent 1plus2

Looking forward to your impressions  of them
popcorn.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #2,308 of 37,679
Quote:

eek.gif
 Dayuuum! I nearly mistook those iem's for the Tralucent 1plus2's. They look nice, likewise the braid in that cable is really interesting. 
PS: that water distortion effect happens on a certain edge of my Surface Tablet too. It's odd, it looks like there are no imperfections in the screen-body joint, yet the reflections say otherwise. That is, unless there is some other physical phenomenon taking place. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #2,309 of 37,679
:eek:  Dayuuum! I nearly mistook those iem's for the Tralucent 1plus2's. They look nice, likewise the braid in that cable is really interesting. 
PS: that water distortion effect happens on a certain edge of my Surface Tablet too. It's odd, it looks like there are no imperfections in the screen-body joint, yet the reflections say otherwise. That is, unless there is some other physical phenomenon taking place. 

Yes, they do look mysteriously like 1plus2 indeed. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back