Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #6,286 of 7,509
Quote:
I can only guide you.
wink.gif
Did your TF10 cable from sunricky make a difference?
smile.gif

That may answer your question.

Hahaha you got me on that one sir ! Perhaps I should invest a few dollars into another LOD 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #6,287 of 7,509
Quote:
Hahaha you got me on that one sir ! Perhaps I should invest a few dollars into another LOD 
tongue_smile.gif

Can I add a small note - 

The other evening I sat quietly and compaired the L9 With my Other LOD's, My latest one - The Silver Leopard from denn_es on ebay.
And I can say imo there is a difference when you spend a little more on "better" LOD's. All be it small differences, But as small as they are they do make a difference, And when you add that to the rest of your gear, It adds up to a big difference in the end.

Hope that makes sense? lol.

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #6,288 of 7,509
Quote:
Thanks for the replies people :)

As for HD25 vs IE8......

Ild say HD25's have a more open, Wider soundstage?! ( Im new at all this so bare with lol ) Yet the IE8's are better isolated and I find the bass crisper/cleaner than the HD's. But not by much.

As for the IE8's being fakes...
I didnt realize they were that expensive usually :O My local Curries Superstore were selling them last month in a sale at £100 a set so I thought noothing of it when I saw these £18 cheaper online.

I think I'll check out that thread and see what I can find as I still have all the original packaging.

I will say initially, After watching and reading a good few reviews etc, Everything that should be there was there. And they sound just as great as my other Sennheiser cans ( If you look at my profile you'll see I have a thing for Sennheiser lol )
But still, I'll go take a look just in case :) Thanks for the heads up folks.

Quickest way to tell if they're fake 

Click on image and notice the bottom on the case on the right hand

The Sennheiser tag on the ie8's case is VERY FIRMLY placed on the originals(case on the left) While the fake ones always have the Sennheiser emblem/sticker barely on and easily removed.

Edit: a couple more pictures:

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #6,289 of 7,509
C'd & P'd from the Fake vs real thread - 

I just came here from the portable rig gallery thread after a few people gave me the heads up that £88 was VERY cheap for a set of these.

After painstakingly reading through the first post and checking my iem's Im happy in the knowlage that mine are the real thing. Lucky me.

However, I cant see the 'red chip' in the connectors. Either its my eye sight or for some reason i have the real ie8's with the fake cable?? Is that even possible?

Or sennheiser have changed the cable over the years?

All I know is they sound fine and definately have that "Sennheiser sound"

Ill c & p this to the other thread so the otehrs know lol...

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #6,290 of 7,509
Quote:
Quickest way to tell if they're fake 

Click on image and notice the bottom on the case on the right hand

The Sennheiser tag on the ie8's case is VERY FIRMLY placed on the originals(case on the left) While the fake ones always have the Sennheiser emblem/sticker barely on and easily removed.

Thankyou! I definately have the real thing thank god! 
But the cable still baffles me lol :/

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #6,291 of 7,509
C'd & P'd from the Fake vs real thread - 

I just came here from the portable rig gallery thread after a few people gave me the heads up that £88 was VERY cheap for a set of these.

After painstakingly reading through the first post and checking my iem's Im happy in the knowlage that mine are the real thing. Lucky me.

However, I cant see the 'red chip' in the connectors. Either its my eye sight or for some reason i have the real ie8's with the fake cable?? Is that even possible?

Or sennheiser have changed the cable over the years?

All I know is they sound fine and definately have that "Sennheiser sound"

Ill c & p this to the other thread so the otehrs know lol...

Congrats on getting a cheap IE8 then.

"Sennheiser sound"? I thought the community pretty much established that there is no such thing as a "Sennheiser house sound". :p

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #6,295 of 7,509
Quote:
Can I add a small note - 

The other evening I sat quietly and compaired the L9 With my Other LOD's, My latest one - The Silver Leopard from denn_es on ebay.
And I can say imo there is a difference when you spend a little more on "better" LOD's. All be it small differences, But as small as they are they do make a difference, And when you add that to the rest of your gear, It adds up to a big difference in the end.

Hope that makes sense? lol.

I agree. To my ears good quality cable makes a difference re LOD's.

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #6,296 of 7,509
Quote:
I agree. To my ears good quality cable makes a difference re LOD's.

The L3 and L9 use a good quality AWG22 cable made in Japan by Oyaide - certainly capable for a short interconnect.
If this LOD has any weak link it's not the cable. I think the issues is more the automated assembly in China.

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #6,297 of 7,509
Quote:
The L3 and L9 use a good quality AWG22 cable made in Japan by Oyaide - certainly capable for a short interconnect.
If this LOD has any weak link it's not the cable. I think the issues is more the automated assembly in China.

Is it really 22 awg cable? Is that overall or per strand?

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #6,299 of 7,509
Quote:

That's what they say....

http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index.aspx?ID=12&MenuID=020303

*HPC-22W: For the cable of HPC-series, we employed the newly-produced HPC-22W cable which has the ultrafine PCOCC-A conductors (80μ for a unit) for its high transmission property and usability.Rather than twisting whole wires, twenty of 0.08mm wires are unified in a unit and the three units are grouped as a conductor which is geometrically-stable. Herewith, it insures uniformity of wire structure, infilling of internal space and preventing deformation among the wires.Furthermore, its diameter is 0.3sq (AWG22) which is three times bigger than a regular cable. It provides you sharp attack and hi-speed response of the sound.For the insulator of HPC-22W, 0.18mm thick PFA (Teflon) is employed for its outstanding electric characteristic and lossless transmitting capability.
[size=8pt] [/size]
*PCOCC-A: PCOCC copper is a material that includes very few impurities and insures very low levels of signal disturbance. Because of its low incidence of grain boundaries, the signal passes without impediment or distortion. Heating and cooling the PCOCC wire under controlled circumstances yields a densely re-crystallized, highly pure structure called a μ conductor. The resulting product with a mirror finish applied is called PCOCC-A copper. This highly advanced product is made possible by the combined application of high technology and traditional Japanese craftsmanship.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #6,300 of 7,509
Quote:

It's  22 awg overall and a really good cable also used in Oyaide's aftermarket headphone cables among other good quality products. This is a $150 cable: (http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Oyaide-HPC-35-3.5mm-3.5mm-Headphone-Cable/product_5678)
FiiO buys it in bulk and then makes the LODs cheaply in China. The one thing you can say about the L3 and L9 is that they are attempting to make a better LOD than their entry level offerings (L1, L10) so the cable and connectors are better than junk. Again, the question is by what method and how carefully the LODs are assembled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back