Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #6,406 of 7,509
Quote:
Those links work just fine! What a great classic portable rig. I'll bet it sounds terrific.
biggrin.gif

Thanx! :) this rig keeps me awake at night when i should be sleeping.lol.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #6,407 of 7,509
Quote:
Well from my untrained ears, i think the .25 was clear sounding, gave better separation and tightened the bass. added more punch to the triple fi 10s.
normal_smile%20.gif
slight improvement on soundstage. but overall i was more impressed with the separation and battery life (approx 70 hours before charging) =) lovin it.:)

Glad to hear you liked it. Does the battery of the amp is like a standard battery? or is there a special battery for the .25?

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #6,410 of 7,509
Quote: Originally Posted by AnakChan Sorry for the iPhone shot...what I've got going right now. This rig is a beast!
Goes into my satchel, & at least in Tokyo, can get away with it with big cans (geeks are "In" at the moment :wink:).

Sadly isolation not so good for outdoors Starbucks but indoors, much better.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #6,415 of 7,509
How do you find those Fostex cans? Aren't they the ones with 1.5 tesla magnets?

My fav closed (but sadly non-isolating) headphones. Sold my Ed8LE to buy the SigPros but along the way demo-ed the TH900's and was completely sold.

Quote:
i want those cans ... but way a lot off budget... :frowning2:((((
Very nice!!!!!!!! Have you heard them with the HP-A8C???

Yes I have. I've got a Benchmark DAC1 Pre at home and a -very quick- summary of my experience, the HP-A8C is more mellow and easy going whilst the Benchmark DAC1 Pre is more impactful. Each one is good depending on genre of music.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #6,418 of 7,509
Quote:

My fav closed (but sadly non-isolating) headphones. Sold my Ed8LE to buy the SigPros but along the way demo-ed the TH900's and was completely sold.

Yes I have. I've got a Benchmark DAC1 Pre at home and a -very quick- summary of my experience, the HP-A8C is more mellow and easy going whilst the Benchmark DAC1 Pre is more impactful. Each one is good depending on genre of music.

nice cans and they come with a banana hanger, sweet!
http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH-900.shtml

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #6,419 of 7,509

Have you heard any other DACs and amps that pair well with the TH900s? (preferably under $400) I have a TH900 paired with the Fostex HP-A3 and the bass is too muddy.

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #6,420 of 7,509
Quote:
Have you heard any other DACs and amps that pair well with the TH900s? (preferably under $400) I have a TH900 paired with the Fostex HP-A3 and the bass is too muddy.

I'll PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back