Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 22, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #2,897 of 7,509
Looks like it.  Don't like comply much tbh, make my ears itch with the large p series and the small don't seal properly.  Nice photo.  Thought they were the westone um3x to start with.

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #2,898 of 7,509

Quote:

comply p series... large?

That is correct. They're the only tips other than the Ety triflanges that seal properly in my ears. I should probably start thinking about going custom... 
etysmile.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #2,899 of 7,509

Diymod (not done by me) ipod Video 5th gen - direct out ( DAC to female connector pins ) - with 32gb CF conversion and internal Elna Cerafine 10uf caps  > DIY Low profile DHC Necleotide LOD > TTVJ Slim > Vsonic GR07.

Or, with DIY Necleotide cabled TF10.

As you can see, I do like Comply foams. I have to use large to get a seal too.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #2,900 of 7,509
Quote:

Diymod (not done by me) ipod Video 5th gen - direct out ( DAC to female connector pins ) - with 32gb CF conversion and internal Elna Cerafine 10uf caps  > DIY Low profile DHC Necleotide LOD > TTVJ Slim > Vsonic GR07.

Or, with DIY Necleotide cabled TF10.

As you can see, I do like Comply foams. I have to use large to get a seal too.

Where did you get that vinyl sticker for your iPod?

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #2,903 of 7,509
Are those Grados?

(I kid)

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #2,904 of 7,509
haven't posted my newest portable rig, so hey why not now???

80 GB Ipod (that I found on the sidewalk one night while walking to a party), DIY LOD (Ridax connector, silver plated copper wire, Neutrik right angle 1/8"), O2 amp, Sennheiser HD428's recabled with belden mini star quad to neutrik right angle 1/8".

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #2,907 of 7,509

Quote:
^ how do you like the O2 - i just ordered one from JDS labs.

It's ok, I wasn't blown away by it, but it does a decent job at what it's supposed to do, provide gain and volume control, beyond that, no miracles.  I like it as my portable amp, nice package, good size, clean looking, battery or wall powered, drives all my headphones well.  It will never take the place of my Beta22, but that's not it's purpose in life.  As far as price goes, pretty cheap contender for portable amps.

I saw what you posted in the diy section, for you, I think the Stack II will provide you with a lot of enjoyment and the O2 will be nice to have when you're on the go.

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #2,908 of 7,509

Quote:
It's ok, I wasn't blown away by it, but it does a decent job at what it's supposed to do, provide gain and volume control, beyond that, no miracles.  I like it as my portable amp, nice package, good size, clean looking, battery or wall powered, drives all my headphones well.  It will never take the place of my Beta22, but that's not it's purpose in life.  As far as price goes, pretty cheap contender for portable amps.

I saw what you posted in the diy section, for you, I think the Stack II will provide you with a lot of enjoyment and the O2 will be nice to have when you're on the go.

so i'm very curious, what is it about the beta22 that makes you like it so much more.. I'm asking a similar question in the O2 thread right now too.

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #2,909 of 7,509
Quote:
so i'm very curious, what is it about the beta22 that makes you like it so much more.. I'm asking a similar question in the O2 thread right now too.

You might want to read this post.

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #2,910 of 7,509
Here is my setup after getting the ALO Continental V2 along with the Fostex HP-P1 and Beyer DT1350s.  Click the image to enlarge the image.

For more pictures of my setup go here but most are not very good.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj243/slwiser/Portable%20setup/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back