Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #2,866 of 7,509

Quote:
I'm just getting into portable audio, but I have an ultra mobile setup...

I also have an iPod 5.5G with Fiio E5 and Sennheiser PX200-II, and an iPad 2, but I don't bring them to many places.  I still would like to do something with the 5.5G though, looking into a portable amp, but not sure what to get just yet.

That is a very good portable rig and a very good starting rig. Everybody around here will always recommend the Sansa players and from what I have heard the Klipsch Image S4's are a pretty good pair of budget IEM's as well.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #2,868 of 7,509

Quote:
That is a very good portable rig and a very good starting rig. Everybody around here will always recommend the Sansa players and from what I have heard the Klipsch Image S4's are a pretty good pair of budget IEM's as well.

I actually picked up the Clip because I was listening to some tracks on my 5.5G with Fiio LOD to the E5 with the S4 and it sounded pretty good.  My boss handed me the Clip to test for a Music On Hold system (I work in the Telcomm field), and I listened to it with some music... and it sounded "funner" than my 5.5G (probably the coloration of the music). So, I ended up getting my own clip.  I like it.  Though, the 5.5G does resolve better IMHO.  I would like to do a CLAS to a TTVJ slim, but not sure if that's the direction I really want to go, or if I should get my headphones first (JH13 Pro or JH16).

Quote:
One word. iMod.

I'm not sure I want to spend that money on the iPod itself, especially if I'm leaning towards something like a CLAS.

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #2,869 of 7,509
Quote:

I'm not sure I want to spend that money on the iPod itself, especially if I'm leaning towards something like a CLAS.

I think maybe he meant DIYmod... do it yourself and it's cheap.

However if you're getting a CLAS for digital data out of the iPod then it's probably not worth the hassles.

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #2,870 of 7,509
I was looking at another thread where they mentioned the Walkmen Z series coming out from Sony.  It looked interesting, so I pulled out my Sony Xperia Play and tossed on Power Amp... it actually sounds decent. I wonder how it's sound signature compares to the iPod 5.5G.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #2,871 of 7,509
Sorry for the horrible picture quality...

1. iPod Classic 7G 160GB (source)
  2. Fiio L9 (LOD)
  3. Fiio E11 (amp)
  4. Creative Aurvana Live! (headphones)

Still updating the rig. I have to buy a case for the Classic.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #2,873 of 7,509

My Etymotic HF3's after a nice soapy bath. As you can see, the lint from the toilet paper got stuck to the Shure Olives and makes them look dirty :frowning2:
BTW the scratches on the screen are all from the screen protector. I'm too afraid of scratching the glass on the iPad even though I've heard its pretty hard to scratch it. The Case is the Otterbox Defender Series for iPad.

FLAC/Music Player>Golden Ears App>iPad>Etymotic HF3's

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #2,874 of 7,509
TP is for the bung hole...  
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #2,876 of 7,509
Dec 21, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #2,878 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back