Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 23, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #1,336 of 5,950

dallan

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by DynaFreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the stock pads on them, but you can get all kinds of super comfy pads on Ultrasone's site [which is temporarily down].

Thanks I'll check em out when it is back up. These were my first headphones when i got into this stuff and were recommended by a sound guy i was friends with--son of James Coburn and with the same name, cool guy but i wish i had researched out here first.
redface.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #1,337 of 5,950

Hanafuda

500+ Head-Fier
dynafreq, seeing a Fiio E5 teamed up with that gear is a heck of an endorsement for the little thing. I might have to try one out so I can get something better going with my ES7. I run SF5Pro's outta my Zune unamped and it does alright, but the ES7 is clearly running thin. I was skeptical about the Fiio E5, but if you're running your Ultrasones with 'em, considering it doesn't cost much to begin with I guess I'm sold.

Jan 23, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #1,338 of 5,950

DynaFreq

New Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanafuda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dynafreq, seeing a Fiio E5 teamed up with that gear is a heck of an endorsement for the little thing. I might have to try one out so I can get something better going with my ES7. I run SF5Pro's outta my Zune unamped and it does alright, but the ES7 is clearly running thin. I was skeptical about the Fiio E5, but if you're running your Ultrasones with 'em, considering it doesn't cost much to begin with I guess I'm sold.

Well it is a perfect amp for me since it is so small, and it lasts for like 18 hours. It sounds pretty good with my 550s but both Fiio amps that I know about have a hiss to them. they are also poorly shielded against interference. I am very pleased with my E5 it was well more than worth the price, but you should read some reviews first.

I really would give it a proper review if I had time and if others had not already written spot on reviews.

Jan 23, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #1,344 of 5,950

Calexico

Headphoneus Supremus
Jan 23, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #1,345 of 5,950

Captain ?degard

Member of the Trade
That red shuffle looks really good, jabada. Didnt think it was that dark, it seems more light red in the apple pictures. Wish someone would make a RS remote for the ipod shaped 100% as a shuffle - would pwn to clip that thing on stuff and have a remote to the actual bigger ipod

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #1,346 of 5,950

Jabada

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why so many different IEMs? You could get absolute top of the line with the money spend on all those.

Do you mean UE10/11?
I don't know if I would like them.
All the these IEMs I bought from my 4 trips to Japan. The UE11 would cost nearly US$2000 there, so my only option was to get the ER4S in custom shell for 1/4 of UE price. That way I was sure to have my favourite sound in customs, while the UE would be a gamble.
And in the top of that take a look at these things in Brazil:
My q-JAYS were taxed, and I ended up paying the IEMs, Fedex shipping costs and nearly 100% tax (normal importing tax is 60% but Fedex are different). Total would get close to US$400!!!!
angry_face.gif

Westone Brazil asks US$1500 for the ES1! Imagine the ES3X!
This is what you get from a third world
frown.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #1,347 of 5,950

Jabada

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That red shuffle looks really good, jabada. Didnt think it was that dark, it seems more light red in the apple pictures. Wish someone would make a RS remote for the ipod shaped 100% as a shuffle - would pwn to clip that thing on stuff and have a remote to the actual bigger ipod

That Shuffle is the last red edition, not the actual.
It is dark because of my poor skills with my camera
tongue.gif
, and poor ilumination here in my bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread