Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 22, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #1,321 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't intend to get a new amp for the ety's, I plan to get something for whatever I get to replace them(possibly the new offerings from Sleek Audio, or maybe Klipsch headphones, still not sure yet).

I recommend Ety HF-5, a hybrid between ER-4P & ER-6i - that if you like Ety house sound.

-=Germania=-:
That have to be the most colorful rig I have ever seen. So lively
biggrin.gif

Baines93:
It's the E+ series actually. I never heard the D series.

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #1,322 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend Ety HF-5, a hybrid between ER-4P & ER-6i - that if you like Ety house sound.

I want something a bassier, and I want removable cables! Multiple drivers are also tempting. If I get new in-ears, I'll hold out on an amp. If I'm going portable, I don't wanna upgrade my amp for my ER6i's...

Jan 22, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #1,324 of 5,950
Thanks EFN!

I just realized that I am rolling like Donald Trump.

iPod covered in 24k Gold
My Cables are Silver
My Headphones both have exotic wood ( one of which was never meant to have wood)
Everything is Custom made to fit and for sound of the system

Though the Black and gold appear everywhere....

I feel like Ron Burgundy:
"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

Jan 22, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #1,325 of 5,950
Plus, I gotta say that some of the rigs like dfkt here offer new inspiration.

Though guys, spend your money on home audio if you want a higher return rate. The iPod is just not a good enough source.

Thought I would post some pics of what my portable rig was in December 2007.

z120203147.jpg

z120203151.jpg

So guys, don't think that it won't affect you....b/c it always does.

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #1,327 of 5,950
Newb member watching and learning tons from everyone in the last few weeks, pretty addictive hobby I may add
smile_phones.gif

Pic of my xb700 and newly acquired PA2V2:

pa2v2mdrxb700btd9.jpg

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #1,329 of 5,950
Hmm.. Is that a new Sony model? Haven't seen it before. Wonder how it sounds..

Jan 22, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #1,330 of 5,950
Thanks walkingman, good eye on the 5310 i didn't realize anyone would recognize it from the picture, they do indeed make a decent source.

Yes they're the new XB series and the xb700's are extremely comfy, I had no idea at first how soft the cushions really were until I actually first laid my hands on them -- major soft pillows as I would describe them. I generally like sets that can hit nice lows with ease without any strain or distortion, these cans delivers that extra oomph and some with decent mids/highs IMO.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #1,331 of 5,950
ankll0.jpg

2d18m1c.jpg

Pelican case is perfect for snowboarding.

Jan 23, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #1,332 of 5,950
May i ask what ElectroHarmonix product is in your picture?

Jan 23, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #1,333 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by DynaFreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ankll0.jpg

2d18m1c.jpg

Pelican case is perfect for snowboarding.

What kind of pads do you have on those HFI 550 because i have a pair of HFI 650s and the sound is okay but the rubber pads i have suck. They are really uncomfortable and get hot.
frown.gif
If i could find better pads i may use them more, i actually am considering abx them with my esw9s whose SQ i find a bit lacking-no soundstage.

Jan 23, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #1,334 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by ANGELSS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May i ask what ElectroHarmonix product is in your picture?

It's a 5 junction mixer from like 1965. It's the perfect size for a headphone amp, and it already has 5 1/4" holes drilled in it. I think i might turn it into an amp and leave the logos all over it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of pads do you have on those HFI 550 because i have a pair of HFI 650s and the sound is okay but the rubber pads i have suck. They are really uncomfortable and get hot.
frown.gif
If i could find better pads i may use them more, i actually am considering abx them with my esw9s whose SQ i find a bit lacking-no soundstage.

I have the stock pads on them, but you can get all kinds of super comfy pads on Ultrasone's site [which is temporarily down].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back