Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 23, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #1,336 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by DynaFreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the stock pads on them, but you can get all kinds of super comfy pads on Ultrasone's site [which is temporarily down].

Thanks I'll check em out when it is back up. These were my first headphones when i got into this stuff and were recommended by a sound guy i was friends with--son of James Coburn and with the same name, cool guy but i wish i had researched out here first.
redface.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #1,337 of 5,950
dynafreq, seeing a Fiio E5 teamed up with that gear is a heck of an endorsement for the little thing. I might have to try one out so I can get something better going with my ES7. I run SF5Pro's outta my Zune unamped and it does alright, but the ES7 is clearly running thin. I was skeptical about the Fiio E5, but if you're running your Ultrasones with 'em, considering it doesn't cost much to begin with I guess I'm sold.

Jan 23, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #1,338 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanafuda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dynafreq, seeing a Fiio E5 teamed up with that gear is a heck of an endorsement for the little thing. I might have to try one out so I can get something better going with my ES7. I run SF5Pro's outta my Zune unamped and it does alright, but the ES7 is clearly running thin. I was skeptical about the Fiio E5, but if you're running your Ultrasones with 'em, considering it doesn't cost much to begin with I guess I'm sold.

Well it is a perfect amp for me since it is so small, and it lasts for like 18 hours. It sounds pretty good with my 550s but both Fiio amps that I know about have a hiss to them. they are also poorly shielded against interference. I am very pleased with my E5 it was well more than worth the price, but you should read some reviews first.

I really would give it a proper review if I had time and if others had not already written spot on reviews.

Jan 23, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #1,344 of 5,950
Jan 23, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #1,345 of 5,950
That red shuffle looks really good, jabada. Didnt think it was that dark, it seems more light red in the apple pictures. Wish someone would make a RS remote for the ipod shaped 100% as a shuffle - would pwn to clip that thing on stuff and have a remote to the actual bigger ipod

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #1,346 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why so many different IEMs? You could get absolute top of the line with the money spend on all those.

Do you mean UE10/11?
I don't know if I would like them.
All the these IEMs I bought from my 4 trips to Japan. The UE11 would cost nearly US$2000 there, so my only option was to get the ER4S in custom shell for 1/4 of UE price. That way I was sure to have my favourite sound in customs, while the UE would be a gamble.
And in the top of that take a look at these things in Brazil:
My q-JAYS were taxed, and I ended up paying the IEMs, Fedex shipping costs and nearly 100% tax (normal importing tax is 60% but Fedex are different). Total would get close to US$400!!!!
angry_face.gif

Westone Brazil asks US$1500 for the ES1! Imagine the ES3X!
This is what you get from a third world
frown.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #1,347 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That red shuffle looks really good, jabada. Didnt think it was that dark, it seems more light red in the apple pictures. Wish someone would make a RS remote for the ipod shaped 100% as a shuffle - would pwn to clip that thing on stuff and have a remote to the actual bigger ipod

That Shuffle is the last red edition, not the actual.
It is dark because of my poor skills with my camera
tongue.gif
, and poor ilumination here in my bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back