Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Oct 31, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #271 of 5,950
Nice Baines93. I'm thinking about an RSA amp or corda meier. My bday is coming up so hopefully I'll get some holiday/bday $ to improve my rig.

Nov 1, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #272 of 5,950
Mine is too, along with Xmas, and there isnt much i want, a few bike bits from mum, maybe a second hand phone from dad... I just cant justify spending money on stuff, especially when to my ears my rig seems pretty good with my music files.

I think a compromise for my rig would be a Boa...

Just cant justify that either when I need to be saving all my money for a car.

Matt

Nov 1, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #275 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Punslayer that looks like a good idea, sticking everything in a bag. Any idea where I could find one that could clip onto two belt loops?

The only advice I can give is to keep your eyes open. The pig is actually meant to hold a shopping bag and I found it at a bookstore on clearance for 210 yen; only after I got it home did I realize it would be a nice fit for my portable stuff. Camera bags and makeup puches are probably a good place to start, but you never know where you'll find the perfect fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Punslayer, go to the local store an buy some $5 cheapie full sized headphones to practice opening and then detaching the cable.

I suggest using a solder wick to get the old solder off and using flux. Flux makes everything easier and most of the times cleaner....especially when de-soldering. Get some cheaper speaker cable to try making your first headphone cable. Practice helps!

That was pretty much my plan, although I already have plenty of wire and tons of experience making interconnects, I have none working with headphone cables.

Also, what did you use to paint your Grado's? That would be of great interest if I decide to give painting them a try.

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #276 of 5,950
P1010576.jpg

2gb Clip>Fiio>KSC 75
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #277 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2gb Clip>Fiio>KSC 75
smily_headphones1.gif

Why the amp?

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #280 of 5,950
I thought the KSC75s with volume control weren't very good. Is this not the case?

All the best.

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #281 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MORE BASS! WOOT!

yes, it does add more bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by HulkSmashNow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the KSC75s with volume control weren't very good. Is this not the case?

All the best.

idk, they sound fine to me, and that's what they had.

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #282 of 5,950
am I hopeless yet? I think it is also important to add that my ipod is rockboxed and the background color is white with pink font

also for the record I know that I used a ton of heat shrink on the plug end but I kind of melted some of the pink techflex tubing with my heat shrink gun while I was doing it so I had to make it longer

DSC08767.jpg

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #284 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, it does add more bass
smily_headphones1.gif

idk, they sound fine to me, and that's what they had.

Okay, cool. Now, I wish I had got them at my local RadioShack, when they were twelve bucks!

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #285 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
am I hopeless yet? I think it is also important to add that my ipod is rockboxed and the background color is white with pink font

also for the record I know that I used a ton of heat shrink on the plug end but I kind of melted some of the pink techflex tubing with my heat shrink gun while I was doing it so I had to make it longer

What cable is that? on the k701s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back