Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Oct 31, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #256 of 5,950
Got an on loan RSA Predator. Didn't realise it was so tiny!

Pics with my D2 coming tonight
biggrin.gif

Matt

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #257 of 5,950
PA311184.jpg

PA311194.jpg

Routed the (crappy) cable through the hole that was in my (sisters) ipod sock.

Have the flash skin loader on there, not pictured, but the iphone one on the screen is one of the flash skins I use. Also have 3 8gb Class 6 SDHC's.

Need to get rid of the rubber bands and repaint the connectors on my Livewires.

Haven't actually listened to this yet
tongue.gif

Matt

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #258 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Routed the (crappy) cable through the hole that was in my (sisters) ipod sock.

Have the flash skin loader on there, not pictured, but the iphone one on the screen is one of the flash skins I use. Also have 3 8gb Class 6 SDHC's.

Need to get rid of the rubber bands and repaint the connectors on my Livewires.

Haven't actually listened to this yet
tongue.gif

Matt

Very nice, a whole lotta' love for the D2 rig!!!
icon10.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #259 of 5,950
Thanks
biggrin.gif

Shame the Pred is only on loan.

So busy though. Hopefully tonight i will have some time to listen to the D2 rig, and rip some of dads cd's to lossless and try again with even higher end gear, and A-B with my cheapie dac.

Then i so want to try a Boa. The quick listen with lossy (not gonna change) it sounded better, but i think without lossless the Boa will sound as good with my lossy and my ears.

I'm not a stong believer of lossless, we will see if this makes lossless more obvious, and if lossless makes this sound awesome...

I can hear a difference in different earphones, and cables, and my Cowon is better than my Zen Vision M was... Thats why i'm here.

Matt

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #260 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone's H10 seems to die around the three year mark. I guess my H10's time is soon then.
frown.gif
. But nice set up. And how about renaming your files in batch, and put the track number first, and then arrange is using file name?

Thanks!
That's basically what I plan on doing. Luckily my file naming is already pretty good, so there shouldn't be a problem in file/folder mode on the iAudio.
Good luck with your H10, may it last another three years
beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #261 of 5,950
now you just need a shorter better mini to mini. but I guess that would be a waste because its only on loan
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #263 of 5,950
Punslayer that looks like a good idea, sticking everything in a bag. Any idea where I could find one that could clip onto two belt loops?

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #264 of 5,950
hey guys just wondering what the best case is for DIYMOD ipod 5.5g my BSA total protection case is great (if a little chunky) but only fits the slim line LOD or my low profile LOD. with a bit of modding (with a hacksaw
smily_headphones1.gif
) I was able to use a regular round sided LOD, but now that I DIYMODDED it I need room for the 2 LOD's that I have built for it, both of which include caps of course and are on the thickish side; thus wont fit the opening. I've been getting around without a case and just using the leather pouch for the pico, but of course the ipod is starting to get scuffed up. I've ordered a new 80GB back (so I can use a longer life battery) and a new front faceplate and would like to get a new case for it so it stays mint
biggrin.gif

edit any pics would be cool

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #265 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by grado labs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ya, you're the smart one
wink_face.gif
.., cheers for you the smart one...

here's the update :
- the black one, still my black 80GB iPod classic with ibasso P3 Heron (this time i've found the perfect combination of rolling opamp) and pure silver LOD w/2x black gate capacitor.
- the silver one, my silver 80GB iPod classic with Penguin Caffeine amp and cooper teflon LOD w/2x black gate capacitor.
UE TF10pro and SR60 woody housing mod not on the pict.

b48caa.jpg

i'm confused; have you diymodded your 6th gen ipod? otherwise whats with the blackgates? you don't mention that its modded and the guys on the DIYMOD thread would be very interested if you have (myself included)

edit: I just went back and looked to see if you mentioned a mod on your classic; but it seems you don't ...... weird man!!!???; the idea is to have as FEW components/caps in a signal path for better audio; adding more caps will result in the frequency being rolled off at one end or the other depending on the value of the caps. very strange indeed. but if you find it preferable; then bully for you
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #266 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys just wondering what the best case is for DIYMOD ipod 5.5g my BSA total protection case is great (if a little chunky) but only fits the slim line LOD or my low profile LOD. with a bit of modding (with a hacksaw
smily_headphones1.gif
) I was able to use a regular round sided LOD, but now that I DIYMODDED it I need room for the 2 LOD's that I have built for it, both of which include caps of course and are on the thickish side; thus wont fit the opening. I've been getting around without a case and just using the leather pouch for the pico, but of course the ipod is starting to get scuffed up. I've ordered a new 80GB back (so I can use a longer life battery) and a new front faceplate and would like to get a new case for it so it stays mint
biggrin.gif

edit any pics would be cool

I highly suggest this case Online Store I've used it on both my 30 and 80 gig ipod videos. The whole bottom is open leaving you room to plug anything you could possible want into it. It also has such a nicely sized opening for the headphone jack that I can even get a canare f-12 mini to mini cable into it. I use to use an itrip with it and that sits flush against the whole bottom of the ipod. The only downside is sometimes little bits of dust can sneak in under the case so I try to clean mine once every two weeks. The little stand it comes with is useless but the belt clip is great.

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #267 of 5,950
thanks gatto
biggrin.gif
looks cool; just made it into my short list. gotta do it soon though, so it arrives not long after the new back and front. with the CF mod that i'm running using the high capacity battery I should get mega long long battery; already getting a few days of use with a 580ma/h. lasts almost as long as the pico on a single charge
biggrin.gif

BTW I think baines is sweet on you
wink_face.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #268 of 5,950
Yeah, would be and i dont normally amp on the go but I had an ALO Cryo, lovley to use as it was bendy, and stayed there, but due to financial issues, I had to sell it.

Listening now, sounds better, but its very expensive. Will try lossless, see if it makes a big difference to difference and to how it sounds.

I think lossless will be more noticable, and the amp will sound better, but I think for my 6000+ lossy library and my ears, the D2 Boa will be better for me money wise.

Matt

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #269 of 5,950
2989128987_c3dfe646f1.jpg

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #270 of 5,950
Punslayer, go to the local store an buy some $5 cheapie full sized headphones to practice opening and then detaching the cable.

I suggest using a solder wick to get the old solder off and using flux. Flux makes everything easier and most of the times cleaner....especially when de-soldering. Get some cheaper speaker cable to try making your first headphone cable. Practice helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back