Nov 7, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #301 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New arrival >>>Xin Reference

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...n/P1000768.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...n/P1000748.jpg

Now that one looks great!
biggrin.gif

15 months wait is insane, but hopefully it was worth it.

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #302 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K701 in a portable rig.
Blasphemy.

that one is more a transportable because I don't have a full sized amp yet. As soon as I get my new amp the K701s will be back to their rightful place in the audiophile world as house only cans

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #303 of 5,950
Thinkpad X200 with ESW10JPN as an alternative to my Cowon D2. I just received shipping confirmation on my Pico today so I'll put up photos when that arrives for my first every complete rig.

esw10jpn9.jpg

esw10jpn8.jpg

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #310 of 5,950
finally! after quite a few months of waiting, i think i finally got something going. my first portable rig. i think around the holiday time, im going to get myself a pair of IEMs as a gift to myself. the 595's are just way too big and inconvenient to be wearing outside and i dont really feel that im in the music so much. like its there but i kinda want something more lively. but they are definantly still a keeper, the 595s are absolutley GREAT for gaming since it has good soundstage and comfort.

ZVM (BSE on front)
2 inch copper LOD (DIY by wgr73, EXCELLENT service and good price)
penguinamp caffeine ultra
hd595 (4 feet cardas cable (soloz audio) w/ nylon multifillament)
incase ur wondering how i attached the two together, i used mounting tape. it is EXTREMELY strong. after a few minutes of putting it on, i realized i made it slightly uneven so my hands couldnt pull it apart so then i had to use a small screwdriver as a lever which took a while too, but its very good tho.
ill post more with my IEMS around the holidays

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #311 of 5,950
Nice, I'm using velcro for mine. I have it on the other side but I tried it like that at first and changed it, I'm thinking of changing it back though.

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #313 of 5,950
My newest toy...
Sorry about the crappy picture quality, but it's late and I didn't feel like messing with the light and settings and whatnot. I'll take some better ones and post them over the weekend.
atsmile.gif

Hope you like it...

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #314 of 5,950
iAudio 7 -> Cardas 6" mini-to-mini -> RSA "The Predator" -> UE11

I've been using a simple rubber band to hold them together and that seems to grip them together much better. I don't have it handy right now, though.

I stitched together by hand this little pouch when the weak velvet one from Ray really started to fall apart. It is made from a pair of old blue jeans and the same red draw strings from the original pouch. I've put a hole in the side just big enough to thread my cables in. This way they stay put much better. I'm very pleased with this lil diy pouch.

I much prefer the sound of my Transportable rig, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back