Pico Slim first impressions and reviews thread. See p31 onwards for a couple of solid reviews + pics + useful info.
May 18, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #376 of 939
yep, same exact story here. it should have been here last week going by their estimates and its not a cheap service. its just not good enough IMO and without any other information, I have no idea of whether its lost or not. however, the fact you have the same experience, leads me to believe that the amp may not have been actually picked up at all when that email was sent.. oh well, I guess i'll just fade into the background again and wait the 2 weeks till it can be considered lost if that is what has happened.

Justin should use UPS for international. same price, best tracking in the business apart from DHL  

May 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #377 of 939
If you still have "Electronic Shipping Info Received" that means USPS has not picked up the package yet.  Once you see "Processed through Sort Facility", your package is on it way to you.  FWIW, I received the shipping notice from Justin but did not receive the amp a week and a half later and I'm in US.

May 18, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #379 of 939

Quote:
If you still have "Electronic Shipping Info Received" that means USPS has not picked up the package yet.  Once you see "Processed through Sort Facility", your package is on it way to you.  FWIW, I received the shipping notice from Justin but did not receive the amp a week and a half later and I'm in US.

My TWag cable parcel still shows only "Electronic Shipping Info Received" despite it having been delivered to me 1½ months ago now. Same story for another parcel I received months ago, it never ever updated the info. Other parcels have updated shortly after being delivered and others again have actually show something like real time tracking.

May 18, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #383 of 939
NVM, i'll leave the few who have impressions to give to do so and try to forget about the whole thing. I have to say though at least for the moment your idea for a new thread title seems more appropriate for most peoples impression of the amp

oh and BTW walkgood, I have to say I realy love your new avatar, very cool. reckon it would look even sweeter if you made an animated gif so it swayed ever so slightly :D

May 19, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #384 of 939

Quote:
NVM, i'll leave the few who have impressions to give to do so and try to forget about the whole thing. I have to say though at least for the moment your idea for a new thread title seems more appropriate for most peoples impression of the amp

oh and BTW walkgood, I have to say I realy love your new avatar, very cool. reckon it would look even sweeter if you made an animated gif so it swayed ever so slightly :D

Personally his avatar reminds me too much of a noose, what do you guys think?

May 19, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #385 of 939
I like my avatar best
tongue.gif

May 19, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #387 of 939

Quote:

... ... ... oh and BTW walkgood, I have to say I realy love your new avatar, very cool. reckon it would look even sweeter if you made an animated gif so it swayed ever so slightly :D

Thanks, the noose was the first thing that came to mind when I noticed the site switched to huddler from vbulletin :/ I’ve seen other sites go there and noticed increased ads and a lot more hassle to do certain things, also other things broken lots of the time, currently after I post certain buttons don't function for me. Also posting that train required me to do HTML tags, although I did read it's supposed to function with ctrl c & ctrl v ...

Rather than continue off topic, I’ll mention that I am enjoying my slim but I find the potentiometer range or sweet spot to be very small. I did post this earlier in the thread but no one seemed to reply or maybe not many have theirs yet. Hopefully I’ll do a write up on it like I did for the original pico/dac in another month or so, time permitting.

BTW I don’t like moving avatars so I’m good with this one for now, thanks again …

May 20, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #389 of 939

Quote:

Thanks, the noose was the first thing that came to mind when I noticed the site switched to huddler from vbulletin :/ I’ve seen other sites go there and noticed increased ads and a lot more hassle to do certain things, also other things broken lots of the time, currently after I post certain buttons don't function for me. Also posting that train required me to do HTML tags, although I did read it's supposed to function with ctrl c & ctrl v ...

Rather than continue off topic, I’ll mention that I am enjoying my slim but I find the potentiometer range or sweet spot to be very small. I did post this earlier in the thread but no one seemed to reply or maybe not many have theirs yet. Hopefully I’ll do a write up on it like I did for the original pico/dac in another month or so, time permitting.

BTW I don’t like moving avatars so I’m good with this one for now, thanks again …

indeed, I also found it quite apt in more than one way, under normal circumstances its a good way to kill your wallet. the wysinwyg (what you see is not what you get) interface doesnt work at all, at least for pics, you can see it in the preview or composer where you put the post together, but then it doesnt show up and can hang the browser window

but I digress, can you explain what you mean re the pot? I thought the whole point of it was to have a larger sweet spot and more control within it?? particularly lower volumes with highly sensitive headphones. that was the whole reason I bought it, while I loved my pico, I didnt regret moving on from it and small size while cool, is not a big thing for me. though it will give me a workable solution for going to places like hiking or riding that my regular fullsize portable rig cannot go.

May 20, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #390 of 939
I don't find it hard to get the sweet spot. I just have to turn the volume knob to around 1 o' clock and set it lower and higher from that position.
There is only one thing that I dislike from the slim, the volume knob feels quite fragile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back