Pico Slim first impressions and reviews thread. See p31 onwards for a couple of solid reviews + pics + useful info.
Apr 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #61 of 939
A couple more for size comparisons.

iPod Touch and Pico Slim

PicoSlim5.jpg

And for those with truly "DEEP" pockets, iPad and Slim

PicoSlim6.jpg

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #62 of 939
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The typical Glamour shots upon first opening.

PicoSlim.jpg

PicoSlim2.jpg

PicoSlim3.jpg

PicoSlim4.jpg

NICE, looks like a perfect match to the Nano.

Humm, I guess the ship# or order# does not match serial #. You are 20 on order and 18 o ship but you received serial #27.

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #63 of 939
Luckily I am not a five year old so I don't really care.
smile.gif

So far listened with the Nano and out of the Pico DAC via whiplash TWAg mini>mini. The amp really shines with the great source but sounds quite good connected to the Nano as well, maybe just a bit less bass, a little less texture.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #64 of 939
Got mine in my hands, number 016
smily_headphones1.gif
its charging right now, while i go eat dinner, when i get back ill be plugging in and taking it for a spin, impressions to come.

BUt the first impression...this thing is freakin tiny!!!! i thought the protector was small, this thing blows it away! i knew it was going to, but its still amazing how small the damn thing is. Props to justin for that

Edit: mine also didnt match, i was ship order 008 and i got 016, but as vpivinylspinner said, im not 5 and could care less, its the exact same amp with the exact same warranty as number 008
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #65 of 939
I'm listening to my jh13s with an ipod classic, twag mini lod, and pico slim right now. I'll post impressions after I've lived with it for awhile, but I will say that right now I'm completely happy with my decision to go with the pico slim as my portable amp, and have a big smile on my face.

No pics, but mine looks just like jeff's
smile.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #67 of 939
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Luckily I am not a five year old so I don't really care.
smile.gif

So far listened with the Nano and out of the Pico DAC via whiplash TWAg mini>mini. The amp really shines with the great source but sounds quite good connected to the Nano as well, maybe just a bit less bass, a little less texture.

Well, I'm 5 year old. Thank you very much. I just point out it does not go as the list.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #68 of 939
Beautiful photos! You should be a hand model
wink.gif

I can't wait for my Pico Slim!

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #70 of 939
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm 5 year old. Thank you very much. I just point out it does not go as the list.

No offense intended, more of a joke as I know some people take that stuff seriously.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #71 of 939
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just came in the door and I took a few quick pictures, impression to follow down the road. Strange I'm was either number 6 or 7 depending on how you read the list and I received number 14.

I am pretty sure that I can now leave your fingerprints at the scene of all of my crimes. Great detail in those images.

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #74 of 939
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The black and silver boxes are engraved randomly, and there were almost no orders for silver in the beginning

This could pose a problem in fulfilling the first 250 shipped list correctly as the chance of them matching the ratio exactly to the first 250 pre-orders is slim, very slim. I wonder how you are going to handle it Justin.

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #75 of 939
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The black and silver boxes are engraved randomly, and there were almost no orders for silver in the beginning

I'm not complainting at all, just notice it is out of order and I'm sure you have your reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back