Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
Aug 6, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #61 of 1,061
  What's a Swede living in Norway doing in Turkey on November 20? Is there a rave going on? 
biggrin.gif

Oh, it's top secret 
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #62 of 1,061
Baycode...u need to find a pair of X1 n complete this review. $$$ lolz.
buy the hd650 too...and then the LCD2..and give us a big shootout !! :p

Ok who wants to send their LCD2, HD650 or X1 to me :p. Only kidding :) LOL

Thank you!

Yes I'm really going to Turkey on November 20'th so you better hide those X2 if I still haven't got a pair by then :D

Great, I will PM you Peter :wink:

Are you even sure this X2 isn't fake :cool:

LOL! Someone should be a real fool to produce a fake X2 faster than or as fast as Philips! There are no ww awailibilty, sale numbers and settled pricing yet! :wink:

What's a Swede living in Norway doing in Turkey on November 20? Is there a rave going on? :D

Baycode abi, thanks for your effort and time in writing this up. I'd like to see a similar review on the AvB signature line. These are interesting cans ama unfortunate that it seems to have the same size and fit as X1.

You're welcome :)

Yes, its nearly the same HP from the photos. We need to know what upgrades have been made for sound (other than aesthetics, upgraded cable?, and removable earpads... Wish I could find time and budget to make new reviews... ATM there are some new iems waiting for me :wink:

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #65 of 1,061
Aug 6, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #66 of 1,061
  Wonder how these will compare to the he-400i and the new sony headphone to replace the ma900

The new sony is a closed back based on what weve seen so far so not really a MA900 replacement. I think it is also quite pricy like a flagship price.

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #67 of 1,061
We should do a Head-Fi meet in Turkey. :) I have a Chord Hugo, Meridian Explorer and Senn HD650s. I'm considering buying Fostex TH600/900, Fidelio X2, the new Sony flagship. One or two of those.

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #69 of 1,061
Philips should release something like the Fidelio Z1, in order to compete with the T1, He-6, HD800, and so on, because unless the x2 is significantly better than the x1, i feel they're on the same league that the likes of HD600/650...

Would be good!

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #70 of 1,061
Philips facebook say September availability for the X2.

Which is good news since I get to have about 2 months to save up for it.

also, Overclockers.uk linked Bay's review. You're famous!

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #72 of 1,061
Philips should release something like the Fidelio Z1, in order to compete with the T1, He-6, HD800, and so on, because unless the x2 is significantly better than the x1, i feel they're on the same league that the likes of HD600/650...

Would be good!

I do think the X2 would probably be much better. It should be considering how much better the L2 is compared to the L1 and X1. I'm thinking HE-500, HD700 league. Maybe sonewhere in between those mentioned and the summit-fi flagships.

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #74 of 1,061
  We should do a Head-Fi meet in Turkey. :) I have a Chord Hugo, Meridian Explorer and Senn HD650s. I'm considering buying Fostex TH600/900, Fidelio X2, the new Sony flagship. One or two of those.

Good idea obsidyen, I think this has never been done before ?
biggrin.gif
will PM you on this
wink.gif

Which is good news since I get to have about 2 months to save up for it.

also, Overclockers.uk linked Bay's review. You're famous!

Wow, thanks for informing @Exesteils 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #75 of 1,061
Pricing seems interesting on Asian sites (check this web site). That site sells it for 1666 SGD (equals apprx 1333 USD). But according to an European site it seems 299 Euro which translates in to 399 USD. Also the photos on these commercial sites are not belonging to the real product, they are just computer renderings (color, ear-pad surfaces and headband seems slightly different).

I believe these photos are belonging to the design bench of X2 (source of the photos: avcesar.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back