1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by baycode, Aug 5, 2014.
First

Back
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
  1. JKDJedi
    I tried my X2 on the Audio-GD NFB 11.28 Amp/DAC recently and these cans sound more rich and detailed with this amp.

2. tili
    instead of "wasting" my money on dac/amps i'm thinking about buying e-mu teak instead. do you think they will be ear piercing too? they say it's V shaped but looks better than X2

3. peter123
    I've got no experience with those headphones but in general almost any quality full size headphones will sound better from a amp/dac than from an iPod. Just my 2c......

4. shankly1985
    Hello guys anyone change the stock cable for something else? How much do we rate the x2 cable? I know the x1 cable had issues.

5. JKDJedi
    Cable is above standard in my opinion.

6. shankly1985
    Thanks for replaying back. What cable would you use to replace stock cable?

7. JKDJedi
    Anything on Amazon, I'm not 100% sure but any 3.5mm jack cable on both ends works, I bought a red cable for the fedelio that worked well but went back with the originals, I can confirm later tonight if you want
    Yup confirmed.. Above is true. Anker 3.5mm Nylon Braided Auxiliary Audio Cable (4ft / 1.2m) Tangle-Free AUX Cable for Headphones, iPods, iPhones, iPads, Home / Car Stereos and More (Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R11WPK4?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  8. Module
    Pretty much quality. Also is has no issues such as X1's cable.

9. Baycode
    X2 stock cable is great. I have tried 4 different cables with X2 so far:

1. Stock X2 cable.

2. 12USD aliexpress cable.

3. Canare balanced copper cable

4. Cryoed pure copper cable

The most detailed one were a cryoed pure copper cable.

But the differences between the cables were minimal. No need to spend too much money IMO.

PS: Did anyone compare the sound quality between the X2 and X2 HD versions? I assume they are basically the same...

10. Module
    X2 HD version? I didn't hear about that. Philips announced new model in Fidelio line?

11. Baycode
    Module likes this.
First

Back
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70