1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by baycode, Aug 5, 2014.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. thatBeatsguy
    Exactly. I found it weird how a 299 Euro can ends up being 1300 bucks in Asia.

2. mochill
    I love the looks and also the new Sony :-S

3. Ali-Pacha
    Sexy cans [​IMG]
    I was someday on the verge of buying an X1...I'll wait a bit more. 

Ali

4. chicolom
    Hmmm...my birthday is in September...

[​IMG]

5. sexhero
    I just got X1 last month, and it will be really interesting to know how X1 compares to X2!

6. Exesteils

The new Sonys look sexy as hell! But I don't get what's up with the semi-closed design.

7. NannerBeans
    Removeable pads, all black, and detachable cable? Phillips might finally get my money. Just need to see the price for it in the states. 

8. grizzlybeast
    What new sony?

9. altrunox

This new sony:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/728006/sonys-new-flagship-2014

10. mochill
    The mdr- z5 and z7... I'm interested in the 7 :wink: and the x2 :D

11. Asurada
    I was very disappointed by X1 because of attacking high frequency.. .T.T But it's total completeness is not bad, I remember. And X2 has finally removable pads?? WoW!!!

12. grizzlybeast
    I found my x1 slightly dark if not spot on. The trajectory of these new philips will prob bend towards a hi fi yet brighter, leaner sound based on the l2. I wouldnt count on a darker hp.

13. CoiL
    Still can`t understand why some ppl are saying such things about X1 highs. Maybe try another DAC or AMP that matches with X1 better. I can`t hear anything wrong with highs with my gear.
    Lucky me I guess :)

14. Baycode
    X2 is not a dark sounding phone.

I am still using/burning them-in and I expect slight changes in sound which I will report back after passing the 300h mark. This should take about 2-3 weeks.

Last night I compared X2 with my K340 and K551 again... Both HP's sounded like entry level beside the X2 to me (output from a tube amp). TBH mids are the biggest strengths of K340 and I still love its mids (slightly more than the X2 mids), also high and mid-high on K551 is brighter and sometimes slightly more detailed. But overall I always prefer X2 over them and as being an AKG fan for a long long time this is a new thing to me. Great overall presentation is something that Philips really succeeded.

Also X2 pairs extremely well with a tube amp...

15. CoiL
    Sounds more and more like X1 [​IMG]

Quote:

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last