Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
Aug 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #106 of 1,061
There are review units out there, the guys over at Headphonia mentioned receiving one.  My guess is that a unit meant for review in Turkey mistakenly made its way into the retail channel.  

As to whether the X2 is a sonic improvement over the X1 or whether the X2 is just a "here's your F*ing removable ear pads so **** headphone nerds" version of the X1, time will tell. :)

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #109 of 1,061
But the earpads are still... mostly, proprietary. Can't they just do it like AKG or Beyer? 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #111 of 1,061
L2 is so much better in therms of sound than L1. I'm shure that X2 will be better than X1.
Very curious about X2 and L2 comparison. 

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #112 of 1,061
Originally Posted by Jakkal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm shure that X2 will be better than X1.

Unfortunately there is nothing sure yet because there are no X1 vs. X2 reviews or impressions and one can`t draw any conclusions based on other headphones. There are only assumptions and blind belief. So far all I have read about X2 makes me think that they are pretty much same sounding cans, if not exactly same, with improvements like removable pads and littlebit bigger arch for bigger heads.

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #113 of 1,061
Does anybody know where the X2 can be purchased, I live in the UK.

Thanks for any help given.

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #115 of 1,061
Even if someone who still have doubts of the reality of the X2, then check the Hong Kong's box text after the introduction of X2 at the Hong Kong Audiovisual Exhibition:

https://www.post76.com/x2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=195793&highlight=X2

(...and for some of you, I gave honest information and impressions for you. Do you think buying a product with hard earned cash, making a review and shooting those photos/editing them, is an easy thing?  I did all these and you thrown stones to me... )

And in the end I would like thank you for my supporters in this thread! 
beerchug.gif

PS: There is photo of Bass Plus Cushions. The explanation (translated form Chinese) is here: "Agents send a special edition ear PAD ~~ heard bass strengthening effect!"

i can confirm this, i live in hk and the Fidelio x2 are in stores already, they retail for the same price as the original x1's 3299 HKD (apox 423USD) but can be easily discounted to 2900HKD (apox 372 USD)

dont belive it, here: https://www.facebook.com/RIGHTSHOPSSP/photos/pb.177690555731247.-2207520000.1408931699./318106358356332/?type=3&theater

PS i own a pair of x1's VERY EXCITED FOR THE NEW ONES!!

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #116 of 1,061
Even if someone who still have doubts of the reality of the X2, then check the Hong Kong's box text after the introduction of X2 at the Hong Kong Audiovisual Exhibition:

https://www.post76.com/x2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=195793&highlight=X2

(...and for some of you, I gave honest information and impressions for you. Do you think buying a product with hard earned cash, making a review and shooting those photos/editing them, is an easy thing?  I did all these and you thrown stones to me... )

And in the end I would like thank you for my supporters in this thread! 
beerchug.gif

PS: There is photo of Bass Plus Cushions. The explanation (translated form Chinese) is here: "Agents send a special edition ear PAD ~~ heard bass strengthening effect!"

i can confirm this, i live in hk and the Fidelio x2 are in stores already, they retail for the same price as the original x1's 3299 HKD (apox 423USD) but can be easily discounted to 2900HKD (apox 372 USD)

dont belive it, here: https://www.facebook.com/RIGHTSHOPSSP/photos/pb.177690555731247.-2207520000.1408931699./318106358356332/?type=3&theater

PS i own a pair of x1's VERY EXCITED FOR THE NEW ONES!!

Which is kinda weird. I'd assume they would already starts selling online but there's still nothing on the net, not ebay or any of HK's online store websites

Aug 26, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #118 of 1,061
Which is kinda weird. I'd assume they would already starts selling online but there's still nothing on the net, not ebay or any of HK's online store websites

I wonder if the reason why they are not available yet is due to getting rid of the X1 stock!!!

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #119 of 1,061
  I really like how they look, imo whole black is way better than brown scheme on X1's.

And finally a REMOVABLE pads!!

For me exactly opposite - I like X1 way more! Tired of everything going black/silver etc. With littlebit brown and silver in color scheme they look much more "classy". With everything black it looks like just another piece of plastic. Yuck!

And X1 also has removable pads. Same way as X2. Only thing different is glue applied which makes 1st removal harder. But all that removable pads talk is kind of ridiculous imho.

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #120 of 1,061

For me exactly opposite - I like X1 way more! Tired of everything going black/silver etc. With littlebit brown and silver in color scheme they look much more "classy". With everything black it looks like just another piece of plastic. Yuck!

And X1 also has removable pads. Same way as X2. Only thing different is glue applied which makes 1st removal harder. But all that removable pads talk is kind of ridiculous imho.

Haha, I just can't stop loving the design of the new Fidelio line, L2 and X2 and old line M1 are all imo more modern look because of their headband and black in color. What a shame Philips haven't yet brought them to North America.

Well, really good to know that X1 also has removable pads, but glue applied...need to do some homework to learn how to safely remove the pads. Thank you for letting me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back