Separate names with a comma.
glued? that should keep the pads from getting lost
Glue is added additionally to lock-pins system like seen on X2. No idea why they did it. I have removed and installed back original pads on my X1 several times. Like I told first removal should be done carefully, otherwise You may brake one of those pins.
But yeah - they don`t get lost. With other cans You can lose pads easily! LOL! ;D
I own the X1 and the review was fascinating because it definitely sounds like an upgrade. I love my X1 to death and I'm really happy with them, but the review does make it look like there's an improvement with a brighter sound and a bigger improvement from tube amps. My question would be about the amp. I have to get a new one (my current one died). I'm thinking of getting one that will be well suited for the X2 when I get it and was thinking of the Modi-Valhalla 2 combo. Could you please tell me if you think this is a good idea? Thanks to all for your help.
For anyone in the UK I have just found this on Amazon.
300£ vs. 191£ ...and we still have no comparing with X1. Wouldn`t buy one. Hopefully headfonia will release review soon.
We want the truth!
Spec sheet: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/x/x2_00/x2_00_pss_.pdf
One of the features specifically called out:
Upgraded X1s or different headphones? At that price i expect a lot more than the x1.
Headfonia has received theirs: https://www.facebook.com/headfonia/posts/845834105461288
what is the difference between X1 and X2 ?
That's the million dollar question. We are all hoping to know soon.
So far we only know X2 has:
1) Removable pads. Although X1 has same system but glue is added and first removal is harder and needs to be done carefully not to brake pins.
2) Littlebit larger/longer head-arch for larger heads.
3) Better quality low-impedance cable. Which is easily and cheaply replaceable on X1.
4) Some kind of extra pads option (not sure where to order and how they are like).
X1 and X2 should have same size and attachement system pads but not sure until someone gets hands on both.
5) Better quality leather on headband according to Philips. Though, I find X1 leather very quality.
6) X2 is lighter by about ~50g
7) Different color scheme. Personally I find X1 more beautiful but it`s matter of taste.
And all the other info...
Also, the X2 extends lower than the X1, according to the specs.
X1 already extends very low. Personally, I see no needed improvement in that part.