Personal BEST DAC-AMP & DONGLES discoveries thread (Best finds Reference List)
Aug 16, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #166 of 328
Looks interesting. Let us know how it sounds.
Of course. As soon as I get grasp with hi-fi vocabulary. :) I
am pretty new to most of this, i just like good sound when I listen to music (and exploring stuff on forums and elsewhere). I only have Zishan Z3 with Muses02 to compare with at the moment.
I just thought that someone might have already got one of these so I can get some information myself. Anyway, I am probably ordering this soon so I will get back with info with vocabulary I have :)

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #167 of 328
Of course. As soon as I get grasp with hi-fi vocabulary. :) I
am pretty new to most of this, i just like good sound when I listen to music (and exploring stuff on forums and elsewhere). I only have Zishan Z3 with Muses02 to compare with at the moment.
I just thought that someone might have already got one of these so I can get some information myself. Anyway, I am probably ordering this soon so I will get back with info with vocabulary I have :)

Vocabulary is appreciated but not necessary. Just say what you think.

Aug 19, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #168 of 328
Hey guys, has enyone here tried the tempotec sonata iDSD?
It looks interesting, and is a bit cheaper than the nx2s, but i can't find many revius/impressions on it.

I'd be particularly interested in a comparison with the nx2s, since i'm debating between these two at the moment.

Aug 20, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #169 of 328
Hi do u have any recommendations for a pure external DAC (without amp component).
Budget < $100 USD, primarily will use with desktop and connect an external amp to it.
Preferably the DAC doesn't add any colouring to the music.

I wouldn't mind a DAC/AMP combination too, if it doesn't add any extra colouring, and if it has a volume knob.

Thanks in advance for your advise!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #172 of 328
Hi do u have any recommendations for a pure external DAC (without amp component).
Budget < $100 USD, primarily will use with desktop and connect an external amp to it.
Preferably the DAC doesn't add any colouring to the music.

I wouldn't mind a DAC/AMP combination too, if it doesn't add any extra colouring, and if it has a volume knob.

Thanks in advance for your advise!
Schiit modi 3

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #173 of 328
Built like a tank, as powerful or more powerful than a Jotuneheim, sound quality is not far off. Best bargain in amps right now me thinks.

Mine arrived too. weiliang e600 from ebay. There's quite some problems with my unit
-front 3-pin xlrs only output weird noisy tones, they're broken
-front 4-pin xlr is out of phase and sounds very weird
-SE to balanced and balanced to SE conversion sounds bad/broken as well

So... only using single ended, very decent power but there's a noise floor to this amp from 25-30% volume onwards. Going very high with sensitive headphones reveals considerable noise.

Kinda dissapointed... but I guess it does the job single ended for the $120 I paid for it. It's not bad but far from reliable or good ........ better save up for THX AAA and call it quits.
Sad. Could have been very good if quality control was better, but ends up pretty 'meh'.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #174 of 328
Mine arrived too. weiliang e600 from ebay. There's quite some problems with my unit

So... only using single ended, very decent power but there's a noise floor to this amp from 25-30% volume onwards. Going very high with sensitive headphones reveals considerable noise.

Kinda dissapointed... but I guess it does the job single ended for the $120 I paid for it. It's not bad but far from reliable or good ........ better save up for THX AAA and call it quits.
Sad. Could have been very good if quality control was better, but ends up pretty 'meh'.

Yea some of these are bad, I would say if you got it on ebay open a case and the seller will have to pay for return shipping. There are also a few different revisions, I have also seen weird issues with certain opamps.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #175 of 328
Yea some of these are bad, I would say if you got it on ebay open a case and the seller will have to pay for return shipping. There are also a few different revisions, I have also seen weird issues with certain opamps.
I can't even open a case after all the shipping wait. On Paypal you have months of time yet eBay has a different policy pretty damn lame.

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #176 of 328

Is it that it's just all single ended with support for balanced outputs?

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #178 of 328
Idk man I'm just using it only as a single ended amp which works pretty well, all other functionality is totally off. Balanced/SE input with XLR 4-pin output sounds really weird on mine.

It's well possible, sad really as if they revised it the map would have tons of potential, as a singled ended for something like aT50RP it works good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back