Personal BEST DAC-AMP & DONGLES discoveries thread (Best finds Reference List)
Jul 9, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #151 of 328
TA-10 is legit check Z review.

people need to stop taking Zeos reviews as serious reviews. He hypes EVERYTHING! It's just for enjoyment. It's not actually reviews of anything, its just him having orgasms about things over and over. Very little info, very little actual impressions that mean something. Again, for "entertainment purposes only"....

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #152 of 328
people need to stop taking Zeos reviews as serious reviews. He hypes EVERYTHING! It's just for enjoyment. It's not actually reviews of anything, its just him having orgasms about things over and over. Very little info, very little actual impressions that mean something. Again, for "entertainment purposes only"....

I had my TA-10 over a year ago in fact I told him he'd probably buy it if he ever got one and now it's setup in his bedroom and it makes him cry to sleep. This is a very decent amp and I have been an advocate if it for the longest time, in fact I actually sent him the GE tube to test and now he owns it for keeps.

You're kind of just hating on him a little but I can see your point of view, this time he is being honest and I can vouch for the validity of this review. :L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #153 of 328
Wow it looks huge :p

Which version did you get? (which op-amp?)

Cheapest one which is meh! I thought it was the tried and trusted NE5532 but I think it's different. I upgraded to two LM4562NA which are about $4 each and much better. Might be the most powerful amp i have ever used, it's equal or ahead of the Jot for power but I so like the signature on the Schiit. I also like that the SE is as loud as the XLR.

Super impressed!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #154 of 328
I had my TA-10 over a year ago in fact I told him he'd probably buy it if he ever got one and now it's setup in his bedroom and it makes him cry to sleep. This is a very decent amp and I have been an advocate if it for the longest time, in fact I actually sent him the GE tube to test and now he owns it for keeps.

You're kind of just hating on him a little but I can see your point of view, this time he is being honest and I can vouch for the validity of this review. :L3000:

What GE tube did you send him, markings on the box, seller, etc? I was watching that review and he failed to link to the tube.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #155 of 328
What GE tube did you send him, markings on the box, seller, etc? I was watching that review and he failed to link to the tube.

It was a 12ae7, i have a few different 12ae7's here and i think they are a bit more rare. NOS 12ax7's are also very cool as they have more gain.

Here is a 12au7 with a similar box. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-12AU7A-...605300&hash=item2ace21cbe2:g:bscAAOSwNAtcdsDj

This 12ax7 is like a Japanese made with Mullard tools! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ma...830475&hash=item3fc7354b5f:g:dWMAAOSwiHFdJ2nQ this is interesting tube, very sparkly.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #156 of 328
It was a 12ae7, i have a few different 12ae7's here and i think they are a bit more rare. NOS 12ax7's are also very cool as they have more gain.

Here is a 12au7 with a similar box. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-12AU7A-...605300&hash=item2ace21cbe2:g:bscAAOSwNAtcdsDj

This 12ax7 is like a Japanese made with Mullard tools! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ma...830475&hash=item3fc7354b5f:g:dWMAAOSwiHFdJ2nQ this is interesting tube, very sparkly.

Thanks I will look into these. Which one of these, in your experience, has the least noise?

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #157 of 328
Thanks I will look into these. Which one of these, in your experience, has the least noise?

I have that Japanese 12ax7 and it's good bu generally anything from Mullard, Amperex, RCA, GE, Westinghouse, Sylvania, Raytheon are good. I though PSVANE was very clear too.
I don't have much experience with the genalex but from memory prefer the older tubes and I got 6 or 7 ax7's for 10 posted so look out for the bargains on ebay that look like they have tested good from a reputable seller.

EDIT: Have i introduced you to my Lord and Saviour Weiliang E600?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #158 of 328
I have that Japanese 12ax7 and it's good bu generally anything from Mullard, Amperex, RCA, GE, Westinghouse, Sylvania, Raytheon are good. I though PSVANE was very clear too.
I don't have much experience with the genalex but from memory prefer the older tubes and I got 6 or 7 ax7's for 10 posted so look out for the bargains on ebay that look like they have tested good from a reputable seller.

These are all used w/ the xDuoo?

Jul 26, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #159 of 328
Hi. I hope to get advice here for the next step in audio search. I’m looking for dac/amp combo to upgrade from my Fiio E10K. I’ll use it with PC solely so portability isn’t necessary. I prefer rock and heavy metal so fast and punchy bass is desirable. Currently my headphones are DT 770 pro (80 Ohm), Denon D600 and some chi fi stuff. I’m also thinking about Sennheiser 58X and new Takstar planars. The budget is sub 300$. My prime candidate is xduoo xd-05 but maybe there are better options: stationary combos like Yulong? Or some portable options like Cayin C6, Radsone Earstudio ES100 or even iBasso D14 Bushmaster? The key factor for me is step forward from E10K sound.

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #160 of 328
Hi. I hope to get advice here for the next step in audio search. I’m looking for dac/amp combo to upgrade from my Fiio E10K. I’ll use it with PC solely so portability isn’t necessary. I prefer rock and heavy metal so fast and punchy bass is desirable. Currently my headphones are DT 770 pro (80 Ohm), Denon D600 and some chi fi stuff. I’m also thinking about Sennheiser 58X and new Takstar planars. The budget is sub 300$. My prime candidate is xduoo xd-05 but maybe there are better options: stationary combos like Yulong? Or some portable options like Cayin C6, Radsone Earstudio ES100 or even iBasso D14 Bushmaster? The key factor for me is step forward from E10K sound.
DX3 from Topping!

Jul 28, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #161 of 328
DX3 from Topping!
Thank you for suggestion. I will definitely consider Topping. I like that DX3 has a lot of power. Btw did you compare DX3 with some models I’ve mentioned above?
Also I didn’t get from strange Aliexpress seller description could it work as DAC and headphone amplifier?
“There're 4 output modes of DX3 Pro: Headphone amp only, Headphone amp + Line out, DAC only, Pre-amplifier”

Jul 28, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #162 of 328
Thank you for suggestion. I will definitely consider Topping. I like that DX3 has a lot of power. Btw did you compare DX3 with some models I’ve mentioned above?
Also I didn’t get from strange Aliexpress seller description could it work as DAC and headphone amplifier?
“There're 4 output modes of DX3 Pro: Headphone amp only, Headphone amp + Line out, DAC only, Pre-amplifier”
Yes default mode is headphone amplifier, simple :)

I only had the E10K from your list of models and it definitely sounds better than it :wink: :)

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #164 of 328
Hi everybody, I recently joined the forums as I just recently started getting hi-fi/chi-fi equipment (mostly chi-fi).

I noticed this on aliexpress and I wonder why there isn't anything anywhere about this:
€ 23,64 17%OFF | AIYIMA Mini Headphone Amplifier Portable Earphone Amplifier ALC4042 Audio Decoder OPA1612 OP AMP for iPhone Android Music Player
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/byGphEbI

It is called GaoGe EF03 and it uses 4 OPA1612 and also has a dac Realtek ALC4042 (which also doesn't have much information online). I am not sure if this thing might work as dac/amp also instead of only amp.
But anyways I intend to buy it and try it because of OPA1612 and high power it can give (for my, also recently bough, Beyer DT770 pro 250ohm). But still if anybody has any info about this feel free to share. :)

Aug 16, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #165 of 328
Hi everybody, I recently joined the forums as I just recently started getting hi-fi/chi-fi equipment (mostly chi-fi).

I noticed this on aliexpress and I wonder why there isn't anything anywhere about this:
€ 23,64 17%OFF | AIYIMA Mini Headphone Amplifier Portable Earphone Amplifier ALC4042 Audio Decoder OPA1612 OP AMP for iPhone Android Music Player
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/byGphEbI

It is called GaoGe EF03 and it uses 4 OPA1612 and also has a dac Realtek ALC4042 (which also doesn't have much information online). I am not sure if this thing might work as dac/amp also instead of only amp.
But anyways I intend to buy it and try it because of OPA1612 and high power it can give (for my, also recently bough, Beyer DT770 pro 250ohm). But still if anybody has any info about this feel free to share. :)

Looks interesting. Let us know how it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back