P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
Nov 24, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #106 of 561
Nov 24, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #107 of 561
^ Trust me.  I am waiting for it.    (LOD certainly isn't arriving from China as fast as the iBassos did!)

I guess optical from my Mac into the D12 is just gonna have to do until then...  
wink.gif

And, it is.

Enjoyed my Sony with IE8 again the other night.  

Going back and forth between Optical>D12>MS2i and Sony>IE8 is like Anthony Bourdain in Russia.  

(Ice Dip to Steam Room and back again.) 

Nov 24, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #108 of 561
Well the p4 just arrives today (fast shipping from china!) but open the box to see a silver p4 instead of the black one i ordered -_- oh well, just gonna have to live with it, besides its the sound that counts right? :)

Nov 24, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #109 of 561

Quote:
Well the p4 just arrives today (fast shipping from china!) but open the box to see a silver p4 instead of the black one i ordered -_- oh well, just gonna have to live with it, besides its the sound that counts right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Email iBasso about this. 

Nov 24, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #110 of 561
ztsen, was it really necessary to quote a post containing so many images ?? Dude, that is one of my pet hates and a serious bandwidth buster for those of us who dont have the good fortune to be on cheap 1TB internet plans  .......

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #111 of 561

When I in Tokyo last time, Oyaide have Sony LOD, and I also seen some where else too but forgotten where.
Quote:
^ Trust me.  I am waiting for it.    (LOD certainly isn't arriving from China as fast as the iBassos did!)

wink.gif

And, it is.

Going back and forth between Optical>D12>MS2i and Sony>IE8 is like Anthony Bourdain in Russia.  

Nov 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #112 of 561
Quote:
ztsen, was it really necessary to quote a post containing so many images ?? Dude, that is one of my pet hates and a serious bandwidth buster for those of us who dont have the good fortune to be on cheap 1TB internet plans  .......

If you have already seen the images at least once they should be on your local PC's cache. If you don't have an unlimited bandwidth plan (we are so lucky here in the United States), then setting your internet cache to a larger value in your browser will help save on re-downloading images on a forum like this.

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #114 of 561

Quote:
When I in Tokyo last time, Oyaide have Sony LOD, and I also seen some where else too but forgotten where.
Quote:

wink.gif

And, it is.

yep, it's marketed under Fiio Brand as Fiio E5

Nov 26, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #116 of 561
This is what I am now using in my trans-portable Sony X>D12>Grados rig:

<Sorry, my link was bad...I just edited.  Will try to find correct link.>

Nov 26, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #117 of 561
The default seems to be the brushed Silver...I also worried and emailed them that they sent out the correct color.

IF ordering the black version, take extra care.

Quote:
Well the p4 just arrives today (fast shipping from china!) but open the box to see a silver p4 instead of the black one i ordered -_- oh well, just gonna have to live with it, besides its the sound that counts right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #119 of 561
about to pull the trigger on the p4.

It looks like the p4 is the best top end portable for the money ? 

I know its a subjective question.. but any input would help.

:wink:

Dec 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #120 of 561

Quote:
about to pull the trigger on the p4.

It looks like the p4 is the best top end portable for the money ? 

I know its a subjective question.. but any input would help.

:wink:

I guess it comes down to whether or not you have the asking price of the StepDance. Other than Rob, Larry and a couple of other lucky sods, I'm not sure how many have heard both amps, so its a tough one, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I believe Jan Meier's quality control is better, as it should be with an amp that costs significantly more than the P4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back