Ortofon e-Q7 Impressions Thread
Mar 27, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #196 of 760
@stalflare e-Q7 sounds great with Acoustic Alchemy and Miles Davis. But it sounds even better with trance and rock IMO. I am sure you will love them.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #197 of 760
Just got mine, and am thoroughly enjoying breaking them in. I like the cable for the most part, with two minor complaints. It's the right length, not too microphonic, and has a straight plug, which I prefer. But it would be nice if it had a slider on it for wearing behind the ears, and detachability would have been a good thing too.

I got a good fit with my sony hybrid tips after a little more adjustment than usual the first time. They don't appear to have any weaknesses to me; they seem remarkably well-balanced, with great detail and effortless extension in all frequency ranges. Definitely the best-sounding IEM I've heard, more to come.

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #198 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad we were able to help @ stalflare. and I'm really glad you are enjoying these special IEMs. Happy Listening.
atsmile.gif

Gave them a very good "test" on Saturday, when I went going around Kyoto to see some places that I missed many years ago when I was living in Japan. I think I have listened straight to them for a good 6 hours, mixed selection ranging for classical to heavy metal, they are truly a great performer all around. The fit was good most of the time and unlike the HF5 they did not feel uncomfortable after such a long listening. On trains, buses the background noise was impossible to be heard, in some shops where the speakers are very loud I could hear something even with the music on, but I guess it's impossible not to hear something unless you put molten lead in your ears.

The more I use them the more I convince myself that they are a very good pair of IEM, highly recommended!

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #199 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I thought these weren't your cup of tea? Did you buy them recently?

The cable is beyond annoying. It's the most bothersome cable I've ever experienced.

No, I am just borrowing a pair for now for proper review. 5 minute impressions just don't suffice, but I agree with most of the points in this thread, but that damn cable... haha!

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #200 of 760
I don't know. Personally, I am fine with the cable on the e-Q7. I've seen worse cables, like the ones on Altec im716, the cloth cable on the older RE0 and the horrible plasticy cables on RE2 and RE1. To get rid of the microphonics, I just wear my e-Q7 over the ear with great results. Yeah, sure the cable is pretty hard and not very flexible, but on the plus side it doesn't tangle much.

Mar 28, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #201 of 760
^^^^ i agree with pianist, the cable on the orto is not a problem,and i also have no issues with it,it seems very well made and sturdy, i do wish it had a slitter though ,but its not really a problem.

Mar 28, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #205 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi lucozade, I am using large UE single flanges. They fit me perfectly and sound great, TBO I haven't even tried other tips beside the stock and these.

Do you get a good bass response with the ue tips james, the senns are giving me some powerfull bass, much more so than the stock tips which is nice.

Mar 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #208 of 760
try the sony hybrids @ Lucozade.... Best bass for the ortos are foams like the comply fore me, but some don't like the comply. But the Sony Hybrids bring the bass and everything else too.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #209 of 760
@ERICP im happy with the senn double flange on the ortos ericp ,im not a compy fan,i find they dampen the treble,muddy the bass, and murder the soundstage on every iem ive tryed them on :) ill try and pick up some sony tips though buddy

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #210 of 760
Great that you guys are not having problems with the cable. For me, the microphonic resulting from the cable drives me nuts sometimes. Keeping the cable a bit taut and wearing over the ears do reduce the microphonic significantly but the cables don't really stay put. Perhaps a pair of ear guidance will remedy that.

Still using the stock tips though I will like to try out the Sony hybrid. A different CSO from last inquiry wanted to charge me 12SGD for a pair of M-sized tips! Totally absurd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back