Ortofon e-Q7 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #226 of 760
I think for full orchestra music 2 Ez_ear, you will love the weight and depth on the instruments that the Monster Miles Davis bring. I think the MDs and Ortos complement each other.

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #227 of 760
Glad to see more folks picking up the orto's......I like some other iem's but I really like the orto's best. I've actually been looking to find something I don't like on them. I thought on some very bass heavy music, I'd yearn for more bass....nope.

As far as build, I don't really like the cloth part of the cable, but the build is as good as anything I've seen. I really wish I'd have found the orto's much sooner, as my iem collection would be much smaller. I'm finding no fatigue, just loving the music.

@ Lucozade..you got me thinking on your country music question, so I've tried some country (Johnny Cash).........awesome stuff, also bought the movie walk the line soundtrack..Very impressed. I really like them better everyday. Even after hours of trying other iem's...my ears are happy to be listening to the orto's again.

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #228 of 760
part of the fun in this hobby is trying out different earphones although that typically means a lighter wallet :p

It is good to see more people having these however. That means more impressions and reviews since there really aren't too many out there
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #229 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
part of the fun in this hobby is trying out different earphones although that typically means a lighter wallet :p

It is good to see more people having these however. That means more impressions and reviews since there really aren't too many out there
smily_headphones1.gif

You and kunlun meeting up for some listening?

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #230 of 760
As of right now we will be meeting up in 2 weeks. I should be able to listen to his copper and he can listen to my e-Q7 and I'll probably have my CK10 as well.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #231 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think for full orchestra music 2 Ez_ear, you will love the weight and depth on the instruments that the Monster Miles Davis bring. I think the MDs and Ortos complement each other.

I'll put Monster Miles Davis on my list, way way back on my list for later
bigsmile_face.gif

I got bitten by the "audiophile bug" back in 1984, plunged down 3 months of take-home pay from my first real job on a home system with KEF 105.2 speakers and Carver receiver, Denon CD player. The wound has healed considerably. I now have an "easy ear", not too critical of imperfection that is, and very content with what I already have.

Still, once in awhile, a new recording, a new piece of equipment comes along and reminds me of that passion for "good" audio reproduction (whatever that means). I guess I will enjoy my new orto for a very long while, a long with my home system of course. Joy to all.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #232 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for that; like my wallet isn't hurting enough right now
eek.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #233 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for that; like my wallet isn't hurting enough right now
eek.gif

Search did it to me on the Monsters @ grokit..so misery loves company...lol. Come join us!!
atsmile.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #235 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LMAO @ ERIC!!!! yeah, yeah....you love those MD's You like them even more than I do!!!

lol .. True @ search....

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #237 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks
redface.gif

That's more "vintage" than I usually listen to; I go back to the 50's and 60's at the most usually, but I do occasionally listen to Billie Holiday or the REALLY vintage (and REALLY occasional) Enrico Caruso.

Be sure to let us know how that goes!

@ grokit, unfortunatly i got way laid by compairing my ie8s to the mtpc so i have not had time to try my jimmy rodger recordings on the ortos as yet, but ive set aside tomorrow afternoon for that pleasure, will let you know how they fair as soon as possible
regular_smile .gif

I did listen to some old live hank williams acetate recordings on the ortos last weekend dating from 1951 , they sounded pretty good for there vintage ,the instrements were quite distinguishable from each over and had fairly good timbre ,naturally there was quite abit of hiss present in the recordings but the ortos didnt over emphizes that to much
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #238 of 760
Quote:

@ Lucozade..you got me thinking on your country music question, so I've tried some country (Johnny Cash).........awesome stuff, also bought the movie walk the line soundtrack..Very impressed. I really like them better everyday. Even after hours of trying other iem's...my ears are happy to be listening to the orto's again.

Ha ha search ,im gona get you to exspand your musical tastes into country music .Johnny cash ,thats a good place to start my friend, i have all the johnny cash bear family box sets, some good stuff there buddy.So for your next asignment i want you to get some slim whitman and see how the steel guitar sounds on the track ,"love song of the waterfall "on the mds and ortos .lol
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #240 of 760
Quote:

^^^^^ @ Lucozade >>> 10 yard penalty for going so long without the orto's in your ears.........Blasphemy!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Will do on the Slim Whitman, gonna get some Willie Nelson also.

Try and get THE HIGHWAYMEN LIVE search, they are willy nelson,johnny cash,kriss kisstoffison,waylon jennings, a real country super group, willy plays some mean semi accustic guitar on a couple of tracks, i bet the strings will sound really lush on the mds,i have to try it on the ortos
popcorn.gif
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back