Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #151 of 1,026
Quote:
e-Q5 lacking bass + treble hurting = IMO most likely bad seal. @ValSic are you using stock tips?

x2. Sound like you are getting a bad seal.

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #152 of 1,026
@James and CliesOS

I'm using the smallest stock silicone tips. I put them on my ears and kinda twist them to make the seal.
Any tips you guys can recommend?

Dec 4, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #153 of 1,026
Quote:
@James and CliesOS

I'm using the smallest stock silicone tips. I put them on my ears and kinda twist them to make the seal.
Any tips you guys can recommend?

Have you tried the larger size eartips?

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #155 of 1,026
I'm surprised there's been so little interest in this thread compared to the one on the GR-10, especially considering how much less expensive the e-Q5 are.

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #156 of 1,026
Yes same here, not to mention the disappointment the GR8s seemed to be for a lot of people whereas the EQ7s did pretty well here. 

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #157 of 1,026
Well, I think the fact the EQ5 seems so close to the EQ7 and the GR10 is a completely different sounding beast from the GR8 is one reason.

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #158 of 1,026
I agree the e-Q5 is very close to the e-Q7 and at first sight this may seem like underwhelming news. But let's not forget the e-Q7 are terrific IEMs and the e-Q5 even improve on two of their weaker points, highs and cable, and all this for a lower price.

Seems to me the GR8 have been clearly second to the e-Q7 by most accounts, so my guess is the GR10 may just be catching up with the Ortofons. Anyway, I'll know for sure soon - GR10 are on the way...
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #160 of 1,026
E-q5 souunds like a deal. The GR10's are definitely extended on top and don't have a noticable upper mid emphasis. Whether you like them or not is another story but they don't sound like an E-q7 is described tonally and very different specs fron the E-q5. The tips and filters look very much like those from the e-q7. I'll be interested in your views on it. It's really great that you've made the effort to add these to the mix. I like the G10 pretty deeply inserted and they're still comfy like that. Looking forward to your take on them.
bigsmile_face.gif

I think different level of interests might have to do with market availability.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #161 of 1,026
The more I listen to these phones the more I love them!

Dec 11, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #162 of 1,026
I'm not sure what to expect out of the GR10 since I've never heard a Grado earphone. I'm hoping it has a similar bass texture to the e-Q7 but having a slightly different presentation while being easier on the ear for those who find the housing of the e-Q7 a tiny bit too large.

I look forward to your impressions on the GR10 James. Hopefully it's as good as your other MA earphones as that would be quite the earphone if it is and has a smaller housing.

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #163 of 1,026

Quote:

I second that! Portable audio never been so good (well at least for me)

---

Are these the same as the stock tips from the EQ-5?

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_R1_Earphones_p/tipset4-r1cl-mee.htm

btw what do you guys think about Comply Foam tips with the EQ-5s?

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #164 of 1,026
Hey guys, so would anyone be able to recommend tips that are in between the large and medium stocks that come with the e-q5? While I think I get a good fit with the mediums, I get the feeling that if I could get something in between the large and medium (the large are too big), I would get an even bigger fit

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #165 of 1,026
Comply's didnt really do much for me! Then again I've never used comply's before so maybe I was doing it wrong!

Quote:
Quote:

I second that! Portable audio never been so good (well at least for me)

---

Are these the same as the stock tips from the EQ-5?

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_R1_Earphones_p/tipset4-r1cl-mee.htm

btw what do you guys think about Comply Foam tips with the EQ-5s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back