Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2010 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,026

syed786

100+ Head-Fier
I just recieved the new e-q5

just played for 15 minutes and the sound is in one word  ( Amazing )

It has Excellent Bass Extension and Transparency I used the Silicon Medium ear-tips that it came with 

so the treble is just right meaning the way it suppose to sound  not sibilant at all ( it is indeed comforting)

one thing I notice is that the SoundStage tends to change depending on the which song is being played maybe I guess that it is showing its accuracy (Airiness)

male and female voices have weight and silkiness to it meaning that they don't sound tinny but it provides impact

Instruments really does sound immersive with incredible Timbre (Smoothness) it is not fatiguing at all

Bass has excellent texture i would say a slight better than my FA-A1

It does not come with any case or pouch  just the aluminum case

However I do not own the E-Q7 so I really can't compare with that.....

btw I was listening these iems with my iPhone 4 with MP3 320kbps vbr

I will try to compare with my other iems later.... 

i will

Nov 2, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #6 of 1,026
pics of you wearing em please
popcorn.gif

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #7 of 1,026

I am considering getting either the eq-5 or the A1, so a detailed comparison between the two would help me decide. Which has the better instrument tonality, realistic decay and reverb? What about detail and treble? How do they compare in frequency response, dynamic range and soundstage? Which is flatter and which is more balanced? And last but not least, which has the better midrange?  

thanks in advance !

Quote:
Thanks, nice first impressions! You can't wear these over-ear, can you?

Welcome back mate, how was your trip?

Nov 2, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #9 of 1,026
Hmmm more bass texture than the A1? That does sound nice... I wonder if chose the wrong horse haha...

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #12 of 1,026
Why would you want to wear them over the ear?  The e-Q7s weren't designed for that, after all....

I don't like over the ear iems.

Quote:

Hi, thanks it was wonderful! Though this makes coming back all the harder. In case you're interested, I've posted some pics in the photo thread.

Those e-Q5 look cute, but if you can't wear them over-ear without looking goofy I'm going to take a pass.

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #14 of 1,026

Quote:
Why would you want to wear them over the ear?  The e-Q7s weren't designed for that, after all....

I don't like over the ear iems.

I like over-ear a lot better, to me it's more convenient and stable than downward, less prone to loosing seal, less microphonic. I loathed the X10 for their strictly downward design. Why would you say the e-Q7 weren't designed for that, I have no problems wearing these over-ear?

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #15 of 1,026
I dunno - when I had the e-Q7s, I just put them in my ears and did my thing. Never had an issue with fit.

I just think over the ear is a pain to put in and take out quickly.  Maybe cos I have long hair and the cables get in the way....

Quote:

I like over-ear a lot better, to me it's more convenient and stable than downward, less prone to loosing seal, less microphonic. I loathed the X10 for their strictly downward design. Why would you say the e-Q7 weren't designed for that, I have no problems wearing these over-ear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back