Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #181 of 1,026
I am thinking of getting a pair of e-q5. The only worry is that since I like to stick my iems deep in my ears, I will have problems taking them out. Can I still grab the case of the iem to pull them out or if they go too do deep the only way is to "fish" them out using the headphone cord? I have this problem with my ER-6, which I love, but they go so deep in my ears that the only way to take them out is by pulling the cord, so I try to ear them half way, but it is annoying since I like the deep insertion.

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #183 of 1,026
Did I do this right? (From the looks of it , i think i didn't) or is it the other way around?

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #184 of 1,026
I am thinking of getting a pair of e-q5. The only worry is that since I like to stick my iems deep in my ears, I will have problems taking them out. Can I still grab the case of the iem to pull them out or if they go too do deep the only way is to "fish" them out using the headphone cord? I have this problem with my ER-6, which I love, but they go so deep in my ears that the only way to take them out is by pulling the cord, so I try to ear them half way, but it is annoying since I like the deep insertion.

Yeah, e-Q5 can't really go that deep unless your ear canal is as big as AAA battery. :p

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #186 of 1,026
Looks like it should be the other way around, the small should be on top of the medium!

Quote:
Did I do this right? (From the looks of it , i think i didn't) or is it the other way around?

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #188 of 1,026
Quote:

I'm afraid no. You tried to get the smaller tip over the larger one, that won't work. Start with reversing the caps and then try to stretch the smaller tip's stem over the larger tip's stem as shown in my first pic.

Quote:

I have large ear canals (if not necessarily AAA sized, lol) and still can grab them at the housing. Take a look at the pictures in my short review to get an idea of insertion depth.

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #189 of 1,026
Quote:
just ordered 1 from dmitri. dang cant stand all these comments

Gotta live up to your nickname.
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #192 of 1,026
Dec 14, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #193 of 1,026
James this seal is perfect!!! But I noticed that the stem is sort of bumpy now, so it sounds like a little bit of the transparency is being sacrificed (due to there not being an even passageway?). But now I know the perfect size... so would one of the sony tips you mentioned be this size? If they are I have found my perfect tip!

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #194 of 1,026

Heh! Im not even sure this is true, I think this was in my head. The seal is fantastic, I'm hearing things I wasn't hearing before, especially at the lower end
Quote:
James this seal is perfect!!! But I noticed that the stem is sort of bumpy now, so it sounds like a little bit of the transparency is being sacrificed (due to there not being an even passageway?). But now I know the perfect size... so would one of the sony tips you mentioned be this size? If they are I have found my perfect tip!

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #195 of 1,026
Apologies for spamming my fellow Australians, but Wicked Digital seem to think its a big deal that they have the EQ-5 in stock:

http://www.wickeddigital.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=joomlaplates.tpl&product_id=766&category_id=16&manufacturer_id=56&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53 

The price puts them into stiff competition with the usual IEM suspects, but they are a long way from the more expensive IEMs - not all of which justify their pricetag (see below). 

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=416

Party on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back