ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
May 29, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #1,126 of 1,288
Why are people in the UK finally getting them while I have heard nothing about the ones that my husband @ HungryPanda ordered? He was an early adopter and waited patiently ( and finally impatiently) for ages. Now because of Covid 19 he will never hear them. I need to hear them for,him. I think this going to break my heart.but then, it is already broken to bits.

He paid for them. They had better send them.
As somebody earlier in the thread said, I received a tracking number on the spreadsheet update which after a while came up as 'returned' on the Chinese tracking site, then changed and remained 'in transit' for several weeks. I emailed ORA through Indiegogo last week and they responded pretty quickly (I think by sending out a fresh unit). I can only suggest you email them again. Clearly, very frustrating for you and your husband. They have been worth the wait for me, and I hope they are for you.

May 29, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #1,127 of 1,288
As somebody earlier in the thread said, I received a tracking number on the spreadsheet update which after a while came up as 'returned' on the Chinese tracking site, then changed and remained 'in transit' for several weeks. I emailed ORA through Indiegogo last week and they responded pretty quickly (I think by sending out a fresh unit). I can only suggest you email them again. Clearly, very frustrating for you and your husband. They have been worth the wait for me, and I hope they are for you.
I have no clue how to sort any of that . Maybe I was not clear. On April 15th he died from Covid 19..so not exactly frustrating for him anymore. I have no idea where to find any tracking emails. Ora should step in and make this a priority. I can't handle the stress of sorting it myself. No one should expect me to.

May 30, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #1,129 of 1,288
Balanced mod. Reversible as Drivers have alloted 2 extra solder points on each driver solder line(yeah they want you to have an option backup in cas e you f up existing solder.hehe. Left cup:Hard plastic needed careful dermal work otherwise you have issue with plug not having enough front plastic case to secure Jack mount(I resorted to bending paperclip + piercing jack to fix it). Plugged small dermal tool into usb c plastic hole. Then dremel from inside unlike me dremel from outside then you have a mounting jack delema. Jack needs to be deep down into curvature case. Otherwise Usbc board on top won't fit. After which need 2 longer screw to secure board. USB c cable needs needs top rubber casing removed to fit in otherwise you can cut earcup plastic. Right cup easier enlarging existing hole a little. Key here is to make board fit back in after you put in New jack bottom. So I slide board on side of Jack, so long as you can close cup on top. Drill hole into baffles, I used cat 7 cable and discard shield (it creates Bluetooth distortion interferences, i learn that hard way so you don't have to). Dremel both driver plastic latches sticking out on both driver plastic shields. I stuff cotton into baffle ( cuts too much bass). Thus forgo it or use lightly. In case you screwup you have option to ditch the whole plastic crap + Bluetooth and go custom 40mm headphone reuse drivers. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40007...er_id=175da115c49d417e821a46023c5b69d8&is_c=N

Do you mind sharing where you found the 4.4mm TRRRS jack for sale? I have been looking online, and have been having a hard time finding one. Pretty much all the result are for male jacks or adaptors.

May 31, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1,130 of 1,288
Oh, that's terrible. Of course you don't need to be sorting out stuff like this right now. Ora do monitor the forum, I hope they pick up on this for you.

Well they don't seem to care. Not contacted me at all.

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #1,131 of 1,288
Do you mind sharing where you found the 4.4mm TRRRS jack for sale? I have been looking online, and have been having a hard time finding one. Pretty much all the result are for male jacks or adaptors.
Yes that's what it suppose to churn up for male 4.4 mm trrs connectors, not 4.4mm female. Your choices for the headphone mod are pair of 2.5mm or 3.5mm female not 4.4mm. As all common balanced cables out there, it come in either xlr, 4.4mm, or 2.5mm ak (4pole)connecting dac/amp and headphone via 2.5mm or 3.5mm. This is what i used 2.5mm even it's 3poles(skip mid pole), but you can find 2 poles if you want to dig deeper. (solder terminal silver plated that's why IACS learn about it) https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Schurter/48312300?qs=wwP%2BWDYHj0YSoSAh0TGZqg==
I used 2.5mm balance because you have more options with adapters for use with Portable DAP and phones 2.5mm to 3.5mm single ended adapers or 2.5mm to xlr https://drop.com/buy/drop-4-pin-xlr-to-trrs-adapter . (2.5 mm 4pole is difficult to solder it's very small thus use 4.4mm if it's easier , you always have options is better than not thus order both i would.) I use homedepot 6% silver solder cheap abundant, yes now all you can thank me. If you want Ultimate DYI connectors get tellurium copper but very few places have it, make your own diy cable with it. You won't be disappointed (All the best ohm and resistance metals when choosing materials to do your own stuff.)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #1,132 of 1,288
Well they don't seem to care. Not contacted me at all.

That’s normal for most companies. The bigger players who are active on this forum will engage users and ask them to email their support team. I recommend that you do so instead of waiting on your post to be answered. I think that you probably received bad advice here, while it was good intention.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #1,133 of 1,288
For those that didn’t get it (or still don’t have their Oras), here’s the most recent email update:

June update!

Hello Backers,
We hope most of you are enjoying your GrapheneQ headphones.
While Ora has delivered to 96% of backers, we are well aware that there are a few of you waiting for your headsets. We feel your pain! However, please note that Ora is aiming to tie everything up within the next month. So, for those of you missing your headphones due to shipping issues, damage, or supply chain delays, we want to let you know that the end is nigh. We will be shipping a batch (around 60 units) in the next couple of weeks and the small number of remaining units shortly after.
If, for any reason, you are currently without your Oras, keep an eye on your spam folders in the next couple weeks for your tracking information.
Ora is excited to put a bow on this project and set our sights on the next big thing. It has been a pleasure… although certainly not without its ups and downs. ?
We hope everyone is having a great summer. Keep on listening!“

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #1,134 of 1,288
Did anyone mod the headband for better comfort with success and would like to share it?

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #1,135 of 1,288
Did anyone mod the headband for better comfort with success and would like to share it?
I haven’t, but did find that Brainwavz HM5 earpads with their much larger openings help effectively “extend” the opening to the point where the earpads are not pressing against my earlobes.

Most frustrating part of the headband situation is that the headband is actually rather long - just poorly shaped in my opinion - sitting on my head too much of the length is wasted in the horizontal / flat direction. If the headband had a more pronounced curve to it I think it would be ok... I have bent it just a bit to help, but having seen a post where the headband snapped from such an attempt I am a bit cautious about trying this aggressively.

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #1,136 of 1,288
I haven’t, but did find that Brainwavz HM5 earpads with their much larger openings help effectively “extend” the opening to the point where the earpads are not pressing against my earlobes.

Most frustrating part of the headband situation is that the headband is actually rather long - just poorly shaped in my opinion - sitting on my head too much of the length is wasted in the horizontal / flat direction. If the headband had a more pronounced curve to it I think it would be ok... I have bent it just a bit to help, but having seen a post where the headband snapped from such an attempt I am a bit cautious about trying this aggressively.

I agree. It's waaay too risky trying to bend the headband. If it snaps (like one member), you are screwed.

It's much safer to swap to HM5 pads. It's a very safe mod (no risk), and totally reversible.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #1,137 of 1,288

After spending some time to get them properly fitted, the Headband is extremely comfortable for me!

And I was also extremely critical of this in the beginning. You can search my posts here for detailed "before & after" information.

But I have worn these A LOT over the past several months for 5+ hours at a time with no discomfort.

I have an average size head and usually keep my hair fairly short.

I agree. It's waaay too risky trying to bend the headband. If it snaps (like one member), you are screwed.

It's much safer to swap to HM5 pads. It's a very safe mod (no risk), and totally reversible.

It is very easy to bend the headband without risking damage. Just Do Not grab them by the ear cups or yokes when doing so!

Only hanlde the headband itself when trying to collapse or expand the headband.

It's easy and works extremely well. I don't know what everyone is so concerned about? Just use COMMON SENSE folks. :wink:

AFAIK there is just ONE reported case of this happening, and it was by an inexperienced knucklehead friend of a member here.

And I believe that ORA sent that buyer a replacement set of headphones after seeing his post here!

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #1,138 of 1,288
It is very easy to bend the headband without risking damage. Just Do Not grab them by the ear cups or yokes when doing so!

Only handle the headband itself when trying to collapse or expand the headband.

It's easy and works extremely well. I don't know what everyone is so concerned about? Just use COMMON SENSE folks. :wink:

Yes, it’s doable if you are careful to only bend the headband, and don’t put any pressure on the yokes.

And yes, common sense is what’s needed. But not everyone has a lot of common sense. Or some people may be new to headphones, so they may not know how to properly or safely bend a headphone headband, that’s all. Like you said, an inexperienced knucklehead lol

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #1,139 of 1,288
Yes, it’s doable if you are careful to only bend the headband, and don’t put any pressure on the yokes.

And yes, common sense is what’s needed. But not everyone has a lot of common sense. Or some people may be new to headphones, so they may not know how to properly or safely bend a headphone headband, that’s all. Like you said, an inexperienced knucklehead lol

In retrospect, I guess calling someone an "inexperienced knucklehead" was a bit harsh on my part. :blush: It just seemed fitting if you read the post by the member here who's Graphene-Q's yokes were broken by his friend's mishandling. :-/

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #1,140 of 1,288
In retrospect, I guess calling someone an "inexperienced knucklehead" was a bit harsh on my part. :blush: It just seemed fitting if you read the post by the member here who's Graphene-Q's yokes were broken by his friend's mishandling. :-/

We know you just meant it in a joking way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back