ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Jan 25, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #1,277 of 1,288
Wow. I've rarely read a thread with such polarized opinions on the same headphone. It's either the best headphone ever or a complete POS.
It's neither. It's decent sounding for the price if used wired. Generally linear with a lower mid bass hump that may be pleasing to some and not to others.

I have never tried the wireless function, but understand that there are problems when used in this manner. The lack of support makes this a problem if wireless is important to you.

Like all things in audio impressions are magnified one way or the other.

Jan 25, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #1,278 of 1,288
Wow. I've rarely read a thread with such polarized opinions on the same headphone. It's either the best headphone ever or a complete POS.
It’s because too many people just compare one set headphones to other headphones and base what they hear on that alone. Especially reviewers. Or they cannot hear in the first place. Or they just like a certain sound/coloration and everything has to be that. If something doesn’t meet their “expectations”, it gets panned.

I like different flavours as well but also recognize when something sounds more uncoloured and like live music or good speakers in a good room.

Apr 4, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #1,281 of 1,288
I’d say for the $250 or so I paid, it was a good value. Especially for the historical significance of owning one of the first true Graphene products.

Again, the VZR Model One absolutely does what I hoped these would… and more

May 25, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #1,282 of 1,288
Mention in this talk that their 1st major consumer brand will be launch in the 1st quarter 2022, gaming headphone

Graphene Headphones: Ari Pinkas

This just came out - maybe Ora's drivers, a year later

Logitech:
PRO X 2 LIGHTSPEED Gaming Headset featuring PRO-G 50mm Graphene Drivers.

“Graphene is a single-layer hexagonal crystal lattice of carbon atoms with exceptional mechanical and electrical characteristics. Its discovery won a Nobel Prize in 2010. Graphene’s advantage in audio comes down to two core properties: it is incredibly lightweight with high stiffness, two properties needed for superb audio.

“When integrated into the audio driver of a gaming headset, Graphene delivers incredibly accurate and superior sound reproduction than most standard drivers of today, providing greater clarity gamers rely on to make critical decisions for the win.”

Logitech

May 26, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #1,283 of 1,288
@Roll you continue to have quite the nose for information. You are probably right on this. It is a very exciting development for this technology to start seeing mass production in the market.

I’m hopeful to see more audiophile products, and am particularly interested in what Graphene could do in a VZR product with their combined acoustics breakthrough properties.

May 31, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #1,284 of 1,288
Testing currently new Logitech gaming headset and i can say, the driver looks identical / same as Ora's drivers. Sound is crazy well refined and easily much better than previous version of Logitech headset. Very exiting for this release! Headphone also works wonderfully on passive mode so any ext. amps / dac works well too.

May 31, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #1,285 of 1,288
Oh, wireless. Never mind..

May 31, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #1,286 of 1,288
Oh, wireless. Never mind..
It has passive mode too and is not tied to electronics. Currently testing passive mode, and the driver handles stupid amount of power, so it's real deal like you can almost create mini sub in your head lmao. All though closed headphone and pretty poor sound stage enclose since optimized for gaming, but its good not amazing, but graphene driver amazing.

May 31, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #1,287 of 1,288
It has passive mode too and is not tied to electronics. Currently testing passive mode, and the driver handles stupid amount of power, so it's real deal like you can almost create mini sub in your head lmao. All though closed headphone and pretty poor sound stage enclose since optimized for gaming, but its good not amazing, but graphene driver amazing.
Oh thank God. I hate when my brain is not the boss.

Jul 3, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #1,288 of 1,288
New Logitech G PRO X 2 Lightspeed Gaming Headset Drivers Powered by Ora Graphene:

https://audioxpress.com/news/new-lo...aming-headset-drivers-powered-by-ora-graphene

"This new model from the Logitech G gaming brand not only features some unique design optimizations and reduced weight for added comfort, but adds a superior reproduction component with the added benefits of a pure graphene driver from Ora Graphene."

article has their new webpage,

https://www.oragraphene.com/

Last week I did check my Ora headphones, still working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back