ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Oct 11, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #1,261 of 1,288
Thanks. Will wait patiently for the new release.
Be careful what you wish for. I bought a pair of the Ora-GQ in the kickstarter. After waiting 2+ years to receive them they broke down after six months (the wireless BT function did not work). And that was almost two years ago. There is no proper repair option for these. Ora-GQ kept fobbing me off with various reasons why they couldn't repair my headphones under warranty. After pestering them for 18 months about repairing my faulty headphones they said they would send me a spare part to fit myself. But it would not restore full functionality, the choice I had was for BT working, or wired working, but not both. Their support is rubbish, their warranty is rubbish, and their headphones are rubbish. Based on my experience I suggest buy something else.

Aug 23, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #1,262 of 1,288
I dropped back in to see if Ora were still doing anything, and it seems they are still a going concern - good to hear.

In regards to the comments on the headband - yes, it is fiddly. There were a lot of people talking about the 'correct' way to position these on your head a few years back, and it is a little counter-intuitive. It needs to be positioned a little forward, almost like a girl's hair-band. I have a big head and once I got the position right I can wear them comfortably all day while I work, but they are fiddly, no question.

Aug 23, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #1,263 of 1,288
As far as I'm concerned the question of how best to wear them is moot when they don't work. Very disappointed with the company lack of support to the early adopters. They really couldn't care less with BT not working, they said just use the wired connection. That is just not good enough.

Aug 23, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #1,264 of 1,288
I deeply regret my purchase. Having since invested in AirPods Max and HD 6XX headphones, the GQ's are borderline unlistenable to me. The sound is really poor imo and not a natural representation of the music. They're also desperately uncomfortable by comparison.

As with above comments, the Bluetooth on mine stopped working a few months after purchase. I didn't even bother trying to get them repaired. The experiences other people were having told me that would likely be expensive and/or simply impossible.

Aug 29, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #1,267 of 1,288
Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #1,269 of 1,288
Well damn. Joshua Valour’s review is pretty negative. Time to lower expectations:

I’m really surprised with the comments about resolution & frequency response since they were so well detailed through measurements. The updates even noted tuning the acoustics of the system. I just can’t imagine how that didn’t seem to work out in production. What a major bummer.

He’s is obviously deaf. I just bought a used set and they sound amazing clear and tight.

Jan 5, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #1,271 of 1,288
Jan 7, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #1,273 of 1,288
Man these are awesome. Huge headspace, neutral balance, lovely tonality. Cymbals sound like brass instruments, not hissing air, bass is power, deep, cleanly defined and tight, not bloated and boomy. Midrange is exquisite, piano, voice...lovely timbre and overtones, ambience reproduced naturally.

BTW I am using them wired with Topping A30. Picky with cables (connection). My (broken) Focal Spirit S cable works wonderfully.

Jan 22, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #1,275 of 1,288
These have become one of my favourite headphones, perhaps the best closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back