Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #4,896 of 5,414
It was mentioned here not to use deoxit on this type of closed pot but I bet some have. You can get into the OPPO with a little effort.
I did use deoxit gold on the internal connectors with a nice boost to sound.

The Volume pot can be fixed normally by turning off the unit. Then running the volume knob backwards and forwards fully for a minute that should clean up the pot contacts. If the pot is faulty an nice email to OPPO is always worth a try...

Good luck

Dave :blush:

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #4,897 of 5,414
Would HA-1 be a good match with HD 800?

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #4,899 of 5,414
I quite like the hd800 using the high gain setting. I don't find the digital glare that some have described from the sabre Dac. I also use my lcd-XC with it.

Thanks!

I wonder if I should replace my Asgard 2 / Bifrost combo with HA-1 to be used with HD 800. Can get HA-1 for $745.

How about with Deckard?

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #4,900 of 5,414
Thanks!

I wonder if I should replace my Asgard 2 / Bifrost combo with HA-1 to be used with HD 800. Can get HA-1 for $745.

How about with Deckard?

My experience with the 800's is minimal but prior to me purchasing with ha-1 I tried the deckard with lcd-xc and senn hd700's and liked the ha-1 more.
Also quite few people have stated in this thread previously in their opinion the 800's go well with the ha-1, so by all means read back in this thread.

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #4,902 of 5,414
My HA-1 has powered off by itself twice today during playback. I press the power button to turn it back on and it resumes as normal. Has anyone else experienced this or have a clue what the problem is?

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #4,903 of 5,414
I too love my HA 1 for my HD 650 & HD 800S! I too have read about people discussing Sabre glare....which I just don't hear....I have thought about trying a Schiit Gumby in place of the DAC while using the HA1's Class A amp.

I made my own 20ft cable with the balanced connections and the Amp has plenty of juice for my 300ohm HP's.

I have not had any turn-off issues as noted above. Mine is less than a year old and Oppo's discontinued selling them makes me wonder about their reliability. Mine has been rock-steady and if I had to complain, it takes about an hour before it sounds good/warms up. Typical of digital gear though.

I really like the remote and the different screens the unit has as opposed to DAC/Amps that show zero information.

Cheers,
Larry

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #4,904 of 5,414
My HA-1 has powered off by itself twice today during playback. I press the power button to turn it back on and it resumes as normal. Has anyone else experienced this or have a clue what the problem is?

Never had such an issue. Might be worthwhile to drop an email to OPPO.

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #4,905 of 5,414

Did you unplug the headphone cable right before it powered off? I've had the same thing happen a few times over the past two years and if my memory serves correctly, it was right after the headphones were disconnected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back