Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #4,922 of 5,414
PS - if your Rotel is driving a power amp, you can bypass the Rotel entirely and drive the power amp directly from the Oppo HA-1. In other words, the HA-1 becomes your preamp. Used this way, do not enable bypass mode!

However, if you are using the Rotel to switch between several different sources, this won't work well because the Oppo only has 1 input of each type.

In my case, all my sources are digital. So I run all my sources into a digital switchbox, which feeds into the Oppo. I select what to listen to on the switchbox upstream from the Oppo, and the Oppo drives both my headphones & my power amp.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #4,923 of 5,414
My source is from pc via usb to Oppo ha1 and than i will connect it via xlr out to Rotel Ra1570 integrated amp.

On my pc i will use potplayer for my bluray movies and music but maybe this player is not the best for flac music ?

Wich output do i have to put on my pc i don't know maybe 24/192?
And wich output do i have to put on my media player depending maybe on wich player i should use?

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #4,924 of 5,414
What software you use to play it shouldn't matter much. It's the same bits either way, and bits are bits.

What does matter is to ensure you're not using a lossy-compressed audio stream like MP3 or AAC. Use the highest quality audio stream available for your source. The bit rate and depth doesn't matter much as long as it's at least 44-16 PCM (or a non-lossy compressed format like FLAC or ALAC). 192-24 is fine too. The Oppo will take just about anything up to 384-24 (I think, check the manual to be sure).

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #4,925 of 5,414
does anyone know how to tighten up a bit the swivel of the frame that holds the dirvers
one side is looser than the other

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #4,929 of 5,414
  Fake listings as usual

Really? Fake Amazon listings? I was  not aware that was a thing.
I know that eBay is prevalent with them but didn't know Amazon was know for them too. 
confused.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #4,931 of 5,414
  Oppo's connections are pretty limited for a usual 2-channel home stereo preamp (and it is not fully designed to be one so not saying it's a bad thing).

The HA-1 has connectors for just about everything: dig coax, digital toslink, digital AES XLR, USB, analog XLR, analog RCA, both in and out. But, only 1 of each. It's very flexible but not made to be a preamp.
You can put a preamp in front of it, but a switchbox (whether analog or digital) would be more transparent. And cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back