Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,966 of 5,414
Has anyone gotten the front USB input to work with an android device? I have two devices that are both on Lollipop which has USB audio out built in. Using an OTG adapter I still can't get audio out to the HA-1. Anyone have better luck? Oppo said this should work with OTG earlier in the thread.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

The front USB port only works with iDevices. To get it to work with Android, use the USB port in the back.

If it detects but doesn't play any sound, then you'll need install and use UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro)

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #1,967 of 5,414

Most Android devices will not work on their own direct to the "Mobile" from USB port. Unless the Android device manufacturer purposefully makes their operating system work as OTG, you will need an adapter. Again, it is due to the Android design being at odds with the HA-1, and not the other way around.

You literally just need a cheap OTG cable/adapter to allow the Android device to work on the "Mobile" input on the front panel of the HA-1.

Since iOS devices are the designed explicitly to be used with a Host device, we have explicitly labeled the iOS compatibility on the front panel of the HA-1. But it will work with any device that can use the player as the Host device, which includes Android devices.

The front USB port only works with iDevices. To get it to work with Android, use the USB port in the back.

If it detects but doesn't play any sound, then you'll need install and use UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro)

Oppo said earlier in the thread that the front port is what you're supposed to use, and that all we needed was an OTG adapter. The rear port wont work because it uses asynchronous USB

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #1,968 of 5,414

Oppo said earlier in the thread that the front port is what you're supposed to use, and that all we needed was an OTG adapter. The rear port wont work because it uses asynchronous USB

I have only been able to get USB audio on Android to work through OTG, and the front USB has never worked with any of my android devices. The back USB works with UAPP ands that particular player has drivers to work with most DAC that are not natively supported. I'm currently still on 4.4 and the back USB and UAPP is the only way I have gotten them to work. You might be able to get the front port to work if you can find male to male USB cable to use with an OTG adaptor.

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #1,969 of 5,414

I have only been able to get USB audio on Android to work through OTG, and the front USB has never worked with any of my android devices. The back USB works with UAPP ands that particular player has drivers to work with most DAC that are not natively supported. I'm currently still on 4.4 and the back USB and UAPP is the only way I have gotten them to work. You might be able to get the front port to work if you can find male to male USB cable to use with an OTG adaptor.

Good to know. I was hoping not to have to use UAPP so that i can use Spotify / Google Music instead of local files.

I tried the OTG adapter and male to male USB cable. No dice. I may call Oppo as was suggested to see what they think.

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,970 of 5,414

Good to know. I was hoping not to have to use UAPP so that i can use Spotify / Google Music instead of local files.

I tried the OTG adapter and male to male USB cable. No dice. I may call Oppo as was suggested to see what they think.

I don't know about Spotify but Google music is usually 320kbps, so Bluetooth aptX should suffice. That's how I play some of my non local files or when I don't feel like plugging the phone in.

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #1,971 of 5,414
Wondering if anyone can help me with a new issue I had with my HA1. For some reason out of the blue my computer (mac) doesn't recognize the HA-1 is attached via USB anymore. Its no longer and option in my Audio MIDI as an available output, nor can my bit perfect find it. I have tried restarting everything, and reconnecting the USB connection. 

Any thoughts?

Nov 22, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #1,972 of 5,414
I would say power everything down for 30 seconds then power up not just restart. Try another USB port if there another one available. If that does not work try the Reset Factory Default Settings option on the HA-1.

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #1,975 of 5,414
I noticed that the HA-1 seems to be picky on what USB ports to use for best SQ. The highs were getting to be too harsh. I then switched to my USB2 port instead of USB3 port. The USB3 port did not have any problem with my iFI iDSD micro. So far it seems that the USB2 port is working better.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,976 of 5,414
What's the difference between these ports on your computer? Is this a PC?

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #1,977 of 5,414
What's the difference between these ports on your computer? Is this a PC?

Yes i is a PC that I put together. It is a much higher quality than the PC you can get from a store like BestBuy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_3.0

Do not get confused by audio USB Audio Class  1.0 or 2.0

http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/KB/USB.html

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #1,978 of 5,414
When you said USB3 I didn't realize it was 3.0.

You should get an audio quality USB card if you don't have one already. I have a Paul Pang card in my custom music server. Some people like the SOTM cards. I like the PP one better and it is less expensive.

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #1,979 of 5,414
Sorry if I'm repeating a previous question but too many pages to go back through. I've just connected my HA-1 to my laptop via USB to try a few digital downloads I've acquired over the years with various vinyl purchases. The first one I've been trying is Deep purple Made in Japan higher rez files at 96Khz.
When playing these they show the PCM96Khz on Foobar but the Oppo shows what looks like a down sampling to PCM 44.1/16.

Totally new to this digital media so any advice appreciated.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #1,980 of 5,414
Had my Oppo HA-1 for 5 days now and absolutely love it.

Very high quality piece of kit for sure, sounds amazing rigged up to my KRK VTX6's.

Definitely true what they say about burning in the unit, seems to get better by the day, quite surprised in the difference from when I first started to use it. Still burning her in but extremely happy with my purchase, from the looks, remote, build quality and of course the sound!

Highly recommended! 
cool.gif

Next on my list is to get is some decent cans, although I do listen through my speakers mainly in the day time it would be handy for later at night. 

So far I am tempted to get a set of Beyerdynamic T90's as they seem to do very well for my music tastes and reasonably priced for what you get. Would be a good pairing for my Oppo you reckon?

I'd appreciate any feedback regarding headphones!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back