Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #1,997 of 5,414
The HA-1 is designed to be simple and powerful. Once you start adding in features like EQ, Sound Fields, and other user adjustments, you run the risk of making the product too complicated (which turns off buyers) or has a higher chance of being configured incorrectly (which directly affects customer satisfaction and reliance on tech support for resolving).

"Under promise; over deliver" and "expect the unexpected". 

There will always be inherent limitations in the hardware/software, so it is best to take suggestions as they come, work on implementing them to the best of your ability, then release the enhancements to the customer.

Even a simple tilt or tone controls would be great - doesn't make it complicated, and let's users feel more comfortable they can tweak the sound based on their cans and hearing.

It would be very smart to do this.

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #1,998 of 5,414
Every time you put something else in the signal path it degrades the sounds.  Personally, I have no interest in tone controls.

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #2,000 of 5,414
It certainly can be defeatable - I think for many, the sonic tailoring would be a large net benefit

Agreed. It is something I have always wanted.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #2,002 of 5,414
I want to have HA-1 dac feed the line out,
to connect to an external tube stage,
and then feed it back into the line in stage. ..
To play thru the Headphones amp.

At present the software does not have separate option of fully controling those rear connections.
So I am not sure what I want to do is even possible. ..

Any comments on this?

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #2,004 of 5,414
I am hoping upgraded software can increase functionality since switching is controlled by it.

If I cannot flavor this unit with tube stage I will be forced to do something about it.
:p :)

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #2,006 of 5,414
I am hoping upgraded software can increase functionality since switching is controlled by it.

If I cannot flavor this unit with tube stage I will be forced to do something about it.
tongue.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I suggest you get a tubed DAC or tubed amp.  I can't think of any unit that can process 2 different inputs and know what to do with it.  I don't think the HA-1 will ever be able to do this.

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #2,007 of 5,414
I suggest you get a tubed DAC or tubed amp.  I can't think of any unit that can process 2 different inputs and know what to do with it.  I don't think the HA-1 will ever be able to do this.

well a "tape monitor" function/option could do it.
just a matter of the software controlling the inputs...

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #2,008 of 5,414
I love tubes too, but wanting to "flavor" the Oppo with tubes basically eliminates it's greatest strengths.

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #2,009 of 5,414
Just bumping my post from page 133. PLEASE!!!! I need help.

Just want to connect music files source to the USB 2 at the back and select what file to listen to using an android app. 

Source might be:
1) External Hard drive (but how to convert to USB 2 and select what files to listen to)
2) NAS - same questions as #1
3) My windows hard drive downstairs. 

If I use a powerline plug ethernet transport up to the room with the HA-1, how do I convert the powerline ethernet signal into the asynchronous USB 2 at the back of the unit and select which file to listen to without buying hundreds of ££ worth of additional music streamer like Cambridge audio, or Naim etc (many of which have DAC's etc of their own!)

Confused and wanting to get the full potential of this amazing unit, but finding so much complexity in todays options. I need advice!

thanks for reading. Suggestions welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back