Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
May 18, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #274 of 5,414

Haha Ur right about those headphones (!)
Covering with hands made little difference and I am sure they could make a closed version if they tried.

Haha he holding the HA-1 like it's a football. .
I am VERY surprised Beats & Monster haven't moved into the headphone amp area..
I could see them now making pretty units with lights and dipslays...
And consisting of a hollow unit with one single chip inside lol.

May 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #275 of 5,414
Can you confirm whether a simple bass & treble control feature will be added or not some time soon?

There has been a formal request to have this functionality added to the HA-1 due to customer recommendation, but there has been no guarantee that this functionality will be added to a future firmware release for the HA-1.

May 18, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #279 of 5,414
May 18, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #280 of 5,414

There has been a formal request to have this functionality added to the HA-1 due to customer recommendation, but there has been no guarantee that this functionality will be added to a future firmware release for the HA-1.

If you're going to add tone controls, you may as well add a basic EQ instead.
I don't think it's really necessary, but if Oppo is willing to add it, it would be a nice feature to have.

May 18, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #281 of 5,414
For anyone lucky enough to have obtained an HA-1, I have three questions:

(1) Is it possible to disable the headphone amp section while using the preamp outs? (This seems important to me, given the Class A operation of the headphone section.)

^

1) No. The headphone amp stays on when using the analog outputs, instead of headphones - it can't be turned off without turning off the entire HA-1.

There is an option via menu to chose the "mute" function on the remote.  If you set it for it, the MUTE button will mute only the preamp output.

That's useful, but it doesn't turn off the headphone amp (just to be clear).

Thanks,

Mike

May 18, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #282 of 5,414
Have this in my radar.
Hopefully the local distributor will bring in this amp soon.
Interested to know how they fare when driving the LCD-X and HD800 in balanced mode

May 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #284 of 5,414
I sincerely hope that Oppo does not add bass and treble controls. I am a potential customer and I do not want to pay for features that I will never use and could potential downgrade the functionality of the unit. I don't want a balance control either. There are plenty of products out thee for people who think they need that kind of band aid.

May 18, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #285 of 5,414
Well, I assume this would be a firmware addition available only if you are using the DAC portion, so don't see how these bass/treble and balance controls affect things other than possibly increasing sales. 
  I sincerely hope that Oppo does not add bass and treble controls. I am a potential customer and I do not want to pay for features that I will never use and could potential downgrade the functionality of the unit. I don't want a balance control either. There are plenty of products out thee for people who think they need that kind of band aid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back