Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Dec 22, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #841 of 1,608
Does anyone else have problems trying to update the firmware via wireless? The update works easily by putting it on the SD card, but I've not been able to do it via wireless. I've updated the firmware 3 times this past year but it just won't work unless I do it via the SD card. I know the wireless function is connected as I can listen to Tidal. Not a big deal, just curious.
It took a couple of goes this time. Perhaps it could have been the server? Normally I have WiFi switched off, and when I switched it on the player did not see the update. I tried this a few times. I found that I had to power off with the WiFi enabled, then power back on, and then the player could see the update and it proceeded without further issues. Like some previous updates, the player did a full re-sync after the update.

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #843 of 1,608
It took a couple of goes this time. Perhaps it could have been the server? Normally I have WiFi switched off, and when I switched it on the player did not see the update. I tried this a few times. I found that I had to power off with the WiFi enabled, then power back on, and then the player could see the update and it proceeded without further issues. Like some previous updates, the player did a full re-sync after the update.

I also had problems updating. When download was initiated the progress never started and I would suddenly see an error message. Had to restart the unit and do a few tries before it finally updated as normal.

Dec 24, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #844 of 1,608
Deezer for latest FW! but it cant download for offline use...zzzz
anyone feel the Wifi receive is better and more stable after updated?

GTwqsJhsK_mFV7YMq7eIC_eJjoQ7Dvtd8gx2pubFhNLIzRqI-jTkYj6nC_PZzVfCK70ugZC_k8gGME66s8NO4F1r_exAW7Uft6EaBhA0sjewdruI_5LaTJECAr1WtlKm6ikCci8qufaMzRjHyNilfow4yiJfdpc45sjM_Rl8YGgvWLRH-054UV3ixU9pzC0iz59F15hbkAvpX_IsGP6HjglO7D64u_J6pf2qEXQxfBAFtBPmZCXuSA_fWLBi4-ZP5w5raSvJcriXCkg8TTVlbZafGtMO67BpxGjPea6hYlKv-1-Xgqgmk8YERdOg_Q7VfN45WDJts6Wt_7aJ_Mq8yusfX38l-aOh3SQuGWyLMMOauAwde8gcVNK4NoITR03Mz8QmIhfYDxQkvWKskGmRKplD6KYEVp6IHkVn28OifZGz8_5SFyjToGlFi0kGg6pGWBhlrKHeh_F-GABrLoqbPvKCX-0fSL3I8pKOzzimCZGNka6kYVQ8lEGkqD19uGa7duCX5ZmqCXg6Qrtx__9KudFQF9A35Wts9QVdlpdS63mNVWNCma4sIAz9bqeD_vWITmHRRYk0S6WImB8ONFYuwhKIfRNYFkiiyN6dOuA=w789-h1051-no

Dec 26, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #849 of 1,608
Hey All. I didn't see this answered any where in earlier posts but wanted to ask about a difference between the displays on the rubato and the pioneer model.From pictures I've' seen. it appears that when displaying album art on the now playing screen , the album art on the pioneer model fills more of the screen. Can anyone verify this? this would e preferable on such a small screen.

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #850 of 1,608
Reposting , hoping for a reply.

My xdp-30r has stopped showing the contents of the internal memory in the Library or the folders even after resync etc. The drive and contents is visible when mounted on a PC.

Anyone know how to force a resync of internal storage ?

I suspect a missing or corrupted file on that drive. Has this happened to anyone else ?

Anyone willing to post a directory/property content listing of their internal drive including hidden files, format info etc for reference ? Any clue would be hugely appreciated.

Dec 28, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #852 of 1,608
Reposting , hoping for a reply.

My xdp-30r has stopped showing the contents of the internal memory in the Library or the folders even after resync etc. The drive and contents is visible when mounted on a PC.

Anyone know how to force a resync of internal storage ?

I suspect a missing or corrupted file on that drive. Has this happened to anyone else ?

Anyone willing to post a directory/property content listing of their internal drive including hidden files, format info etc for reference ? Any clue would be hugely appreciated.

Hi
This is exactly what I experience when adding more than 40k tracks to my Pioneer xdp-30r (about 240 Go worth of MP3)
One simple way to know if you're facing the same issue is to browse the folders on your DAP. With only one SD card inserted, the DAP showed me SD1 and SD2 (SD2 was empty).
Only way to allow it to index my music again was to reset it (reset settings or factory reset).

Have a nice day

Dec 29, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #853 of 1,608
Hi
I have a question regarding the balanced output. If I take a look into the specs the output should be ~twice of the standard output compared with the 3.5mm connector. If i'm using the XDP-30r with a Beyerdynamic T5P 2Gen with the original 3.5mm jack and compare it with the Beyerdynamic 2.5mm balanced cable I can not here difference in the volume? Also the change of the switch between AGC and balanced brings no difference in the max. volume. Is this normal? I have bought the player in Germany (EU), could be the EU regulation (max. volume for portable devices) the problem? Thanks
Michael

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #854 of 1,608
Hi
I have a question regarding the balanced output. If I take a look into the specs the output should be ~twice of the standard output compared with the 3.5mm connector. If i'm using the XDP-30r with a Beyerdynamic T5P 2Gen with the original 3.5mm jack and compare it with the Beyerdynamic 2.5mm balanced cable I can not here difference in the volume? Also the change of the switch between AGC and balanced brings no difference in the max. volume. Is this normal? I have bought the player in Germany (EU), could be the EU regulation (max. volume for portable devices) the problem? Thanks
Michael
I only use the balanced output so I can't comment on volume differences between balanced and unbalanced. But I don't hear a difference between balanced and AGC. I can say I like Balanced better than AGC though.

Dec 29, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #855 of 1,608
Do you have also an EU (European Union) device in use?
Curious is, if I switch from balanced to AGC i can't here a difference in the volume, but if i switch back it is for part of second a little bit louder. This was the reason for my guess at the EU regulation.

Best
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back