Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Nov 11, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #752 of 1,608
OTOH it would be a crazy business model for the streaming services to ask for money from hw manufacturers...
Maybe crazy, but that is exactly what they do. If you want to include some streaming service in a product (could be Tidal, Spotify, or some other), they typically charge each brand a fixed fee for each model to cover testing and the approvals that they insist upon to ensure that the product gives a satisfactory user experience for that service. Often they also provide a binary software component (not source code) to support the service which they build for the brand. I dare say that brands like Onkyo (with their shared business with Pioneer) have some say in the level of the fees, and may get a special deal.

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #753 of 1,608
Hi Everybody
I just bought a dp s1 for the second time and I had the same issue.
I don t had all the album or song or artist avalaible on the menu . Some are not avalaible and I don t know why;
But if i check on the folder all my albums are avalaible and I could choose the one I want. And I had just one micro sd card (128 g)

So right now I use on the folder menu but I want to know if some one else had the same problem ?
Thanks

With this problem I hesitate to send back my unit (too bad because I appreciate a lot the size and the sound) .

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #754 of 1,608
Hi Everybody
I don t had all the album or song or artist avalaible on the menu . Some are not avalaible and I don t know why;
But if i check on the folder all my albums are avalaible and I could choose the one I want. And I had just one micro sd card (128 g)

So right now I use on the folder menu but I want to know if some one else had the same problem ?
Thanks

With this problem I hesitate to send back my unit (too bad because I appreciate a lot the size and the sound) .
This sounds like it might be an issue with your music’s metadata. I’d highly recommend checking out Bliss (http://blisshq.com) to see if information is accurate in your library.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #755 of 1,608
Why not
But with other daps I had no problem.
Again I could navigate and choose any album with the folder menu.
But not with the Artist or Album menu.

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #756 of 1,608
Hi Everybody

Thanks

What you should do is to rescan the library, maybe a couple of times. I have sometimes this issue when adding/deleting songs, the firs rescan doesn't pick up all the changes.

Nov 14, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #757 of 1,608
Hi Everybody

Thanks

What are the file types? Are they in the player's internal memory or on cards? If cards, were the files transferred using the player or a separate card reader? There are many possible causes for this kind of problem, including tags, corruptions, Windows settings for files stored on external devices using 3 letter file extensions or not, etc., etc.

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #760 of 1,608
I recently have an issue with my 30r.

While in use it will suddenly stop a song 1sec before the recording end. But I cannot play, forward backward on the DAP. I can go back to the main menu and choose a different song but whenever I did, It will say now loading screen but will not proceed to load.

The only solution of this "hang" is press on power key and shutdown then boot up again.

Any of you experience this? Any solution or suggestion what is happening?

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #762 of 1,608
I just logged in and checked and it does show MQA 44.1 Hz
I connected and got MQA 96khz, with Norah Jones Come Away With Me Album.
The only problem, is that each time I connect, I have to enter again the Tidal username and password

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #764 of 1,608
Hello everybody, I started to use my xdp 30 today and have a battery issue. The battery level is always showing full charge but after hours of use the player turn off showing a big empty battery in the screen. Does anybody have some problem like that? Is like the software can't check the battery status. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #765 of 1,608
I would delightfully remark, that this player produces stellar sound with far more modest pairing, such as a pair of Sennheiser IE80, with balanced cable upgrade, of course. Nice review, spot on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back