Official K-81 DJ thread
Feb 25, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #2,476 of 2,661
i juz got the senn hd25 velour pads, its actually not that difficult to put it on the k518dj, also the senn's inner foam pads are alot thinner than the k518's....1st thought after putting the senn pads on the ears, it actually feels abit warm, wonder will i finally be able to wear it beyond 3 hrs at a time now?

Feb 25, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #2,477 of 2,661
hi, mate...you really should try DJ1, it's more comfort than K518dj...
tongue.gif
or you can go straight to DT770 pro 80ohm Beyer...
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #2,478 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, mate...you really should try DJ1, it's more comfort than K518dj...
tongue.gif
or you can go straight to DT770 pro 80ohm Beyer...
biggrin.gif

yup, i think so too, its time to fund for my dt770/80.....can't stand supra-aural headphones~.....damn how many time have i said that~ but its almost $300 in here in my country

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #2,479 of 2,661
Hey guys, I’m looking for a little help with my K81DJs. At about this time last year I got a pair, and everything has been great till about a week ago. When I went to listen to some music, it was only playing through the right ear, I noticed the when I wiggled the wire down by the jack, I began getting sound in both ears, so I just ghetto rigged it with some tape which worked for about 2 days, now the sound in the left ear goes out about ever five seconds. So basically I’m wondering what I need to do to fix this problem, and if I have to replace the cable where do I get one, and how is it installed? Thanks to anyone who is able to help.

Mar 5, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #2,481 of 2,661
sirs what the difference between k81dj and k518dj beside the color?

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #2,482 of 2,661
sirs what the difference between k81dj and k518dj beside the color?

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #2,484 of 2,661
i just bought k81dj at amazon... hehehe

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #2,485 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scab_Wounds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I’m looking for a little help with my K81DJs. At about this time last year I got a pair, and everything has been great till about a week ago. When I went to listen to some music, it was only playing through the right ear, I noticed the when I wiggled the wire down by the jack, I began getting sound in both ears, so I just ghetto rigged it with some tape which worked for about 2 days, now the sound in the left ear goes out about ever five seconds. So basically I’m wondering what I need to do to fix this problem, and if I have to replace the cable where do I get one, and how is it installed? Thanks to anyone who is able to help.

Cut off the old plug, strip the wires and solder up a new one. It might be a good time to shorten your cord.

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #2,486 of 2,661
I personally can't stand their fit, even after bending them as much as I could. With glasses, I can't do it, without, I can do it - for half an hour max. Then, they need to get off. I have the headband at maximum length and it's still too small. Rubbish cans in that regard.

Which is a shame, since I was hoping to find some HD25 killers for a good price. They are good-looking, small, and fold up nicely!

Their sound is a little, I dunno. It misses highs, imo. But that's not my primary concern. They kill my head.

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #2,487 of 2,661
Zaraki: I have the same problem as you (except for the glasses part) and I've been dying for someone to try my suggestion in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/so-...93/index2.html

I think it would definitely help a lot of us out there who are in the same situation. If my proposed mod is possible then a lot of pressure could be taken off of the ears and alleviate the discomfort people are feeling. Someone with a pair of broken K81s should definitely give it a try!

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #2,488 of 2,661
hi , how to mod this thing by adding blu-tak. sorry im a newbie

thanks

-doughn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back