Official K-81 DJ thread
Mar 17, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #2,491 of 2,661
I've read the first 60 pages and I'm already going cross-eyed..

Are the k81 and k518 the same headphone but with different color? I've only read that they "might be" and that people "love them both" but is it really the same?

Thanks,

Francisco

Mar 17, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #2,492 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Francisco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the k81 and k518 the same headphone but with different color?

Yes.

Mar 20, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #2,493 of 2,661
So i bought a new plug to replace the damaged one, and when i went to replace it, i had some extreme difficulty and was unable to get it to work. Can anyone explain where i have to solder the wires in order to get this to work? I got a Switchcraft 35HDNN plug and the standard wires on my K81 DJs. Please some help me ASAP im going away on Friday and NEED MY HEADPHONES FIXED.

Apr 8, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #2,496 of 2,661
Sorry, if this is the wrong thread to post this question but how would the K-81 DJ handle sansa clip and samsung p2? I also have the PA2V2 amp. And how would the K-81 DJ handle both the players without the amp?

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #2,497 of 2,661
For some reason I have been somewhat disappointed with my K81DJ 'phones.

They seem to be thin sounding and aren't very full. Is it just that the bass is only in my ears and not getting to the rest of my body?

Apr 9, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #2,499 of 2,661
Yes, your portable players can handle your K 81. It's a 32 ohm phone that pairs nice with any portable player
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #2,500 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by quietstorm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, it's not the headphones that only count. do you use an amp? what are the bitrates of your music? what kind of mp3 player are you using?

Are you talking to me?

Apr 9, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #2,501 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, your portable players can handle your K 81. It's a 32 ohm phone that pairs nice with any portable player
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you for the answer
smily_headphones1.gif

I am actually considering buying one of the players but right now I have an old ipod mini and for example I think that this mini definitely needs an amp.

Apr 9, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #2,503 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hd201s are less refined, less impactful, less sensitive, but... the k81dj is muddier in balance

Not if you do the take-the-pad-out-of-the-earpiece mod it isn't. Clears things right up and makes the bass less obvious.

Apr 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #2,504 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by quietstorm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry I didn't include your text before. Yes, I was answering to your post.

Oh, ok.

Well I am actually using a radio for the portable setup. It gets loud enough.

On the home setup, I use a medium AV Receiver ($1200). It definitely sounds a lot better and it's just that much better with high bitrate CDs. But...the bass still seems to not be there and it's thin sounding.

Also note that I cleaned my ears a little bit and that improved the SQ a lot, but the bass...same...thin

Thanks.

Apr 11, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #2,505 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by arande2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, ok.

Well I am actually using a radio for the portable setup. It gets loud enough.

On the home setup, I use a medium AV Receiver ($1200). It definitely sounds a lot better and it's just that much better with high bitrate CDs. But...the bass still seems to not be there and it's thin sounding.

Also note that I cleaned my ears a little bit and that improved the SQ a lot, but the bass...same...thin

Thanks.

For a simple portable radio, I don't think that the music that comes from radio stations is very good and thus you can't hear the bass.
As for the AV Receiver, unfortunately I can't comment because I haven't used my akg's with them.
Do you have a new pair of akg's? Maybe they just need burn-in-time then.

Or, the simplest reason, maybe your ears just don't like this kind of bass that the k81 offers. I kinda like the bass that the headphones offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back