Official K-81 DJ thread
Jan 16, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #1,966 of 2,661
Uh oh.. they are going to replace my K 81s with K 181 DJs.. and what ive read about them they arent exactly good for the price.. are they worse than K 81s?
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #1,967 of 2,661
Well...this thread convinced me to get the K-81 DJ's...Just ordered them a couple hours ago
smily_headphones1.gif

I ended up reading this thread for hours litterly then I saw the Panasonic RP-HTX7 and debated...there was some other choice I was debating against but i droped it quickly due to being hard to get at. Either way, I ended up choosing the K-81 DJ's as the hopefully best can's i can get for under a $100 (though, i only ended up spending $56 on them).

Can't wait to get them ^^ Thanks to the excessive ammount of posts for helping me make a decision for buying my first pair of decent headphones. (I had my MDR-V150's for over a year...first headphoens I ever had that actually lasted and still work wonderfull after a year and a half), but wanted something better. I'm goign to miss those headphones though....

EDIT: Ironicly, the longer cord is actually a plus for me (my current MDR-V150's also have a really long cord)...I use my headphones at my computer or while playing games on the tv a lot, so a long cord is nice and I could care less about stuffing cord in my pocket while using it in other places...i'm use to it either way
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #1,970 of 2,661
i was looking on the site from akg and i saw that the k81's got a brother the akg k518 dj they are the same as the k81's but now there black.

i dont know if this is mentioned here before if not:

LINK: http://akg.com/site/products/powersl...nguage,EN.html

if so: i'm sorry for the double post
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #1,971 of 2,661
oh yeah, i forgot i'm also looking for an amp to put in my portable rig and now i'm not sure which one to get, the little dot micro or the pa2v2 can anyone on this thread help me? i've already opend a thread in the amplification section

link: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219692

thanks!

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #1,972 of 2,661
I got the pav2 and a brand new set of akg k81dj. Had them on the pink noise treatment for 2 hrs and i must say that im impressed. Fun and solid mids, daniel gildenlöw of pain of salvation sounds really nice on the be album thats on while writing this. I guess ill keep this babies for portable use! Didnt mind the recent discount at a local dealer here in stockholm either!

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #1,973 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazpete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the pav2 and a brand new set of akg k81dj. Had them on the pink noise treatment for 2 hrs and i must say that im impressed. Fun and solid mids, peter gidenlöf of pain of salvation sounds really nice on the be album thats on while writing this. I guess ill keep this babies for portable use! Didnt mind the recent discount at a local dealer here in stockholm either!

can you tell me if it makes a big difference if you have the pa2v2 connected or just right out of you're dap?

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #1,974 of 2,661
As i have treated all my 320 mp3s with mp3gain, it makes a big difference in the power section, as the gain is lowered a lot on each file. Tonally, i feel the sound is a lot calmer on the pa2v2 than out of the dap (zen micro). It also gives me a chance to use my big koss pro4aat if im in that mood. I can really recommend the pa2v2.

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #1,975 of 2,661
A friend of mine recabled by K81DJ's with Cardas, but I haven't had a chance to listen to them since I got them back. Interested in seeing what they sound like out of my PINT since the recable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #1,976 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazpete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As i have treated all my 320 mp3s with mp3gain, it makes a big difference in the power section, as the gain is lowered a lot on each file. Tonally, i feel the sound is a lot calmer on the pa2v2 than out of the dap (zen micro). It also gives me a chance to use my big koss pro4aat if im in that mood. I can really recommend the pa2v2.

thanx i will consider it! you're verry helpfull
smily_headphones1.gif

is here anyone who paired the k81dj's with a ldm?

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #1,977 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by biermagnaat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anybody know if it is a hard job to just cut off a bit of the cable and solder a new plug on them so that the cable isn't so long? excuse my english.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're going to do that, just have someone re-cable them for you with better cable. A fellow head-fier was nice enough to do mine for a very small amount of money using Mogami mini-quad cable - much better quality and better sound, and more convenient because it's shorter.

the original k81dj cable is difficult to work with so just cutting it and soldering on another cable to it is painful. do what skylab suggested - get it completely recabled. i also have the mogami mini-quad and it changed the sound of the k81dj for the better.

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #1,978 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the original k81dj cable is difficult to work with so just cutting it and soldering on another cable to it is painful. do what skylab suggested - get it completely recabled. i also have the mogami mini-quad and it changed the sound of the k81dj for the better.

do you have a picture of that?

Jan 17, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #1,979 of 2,661
I recabled mine yesterday and they sound great. Canare star quad from markertek.com
Very handy, the cord is just the right size, the cable itself is thicker and more substantial, it sounds better, and I put an angled jack on the end. All for about $10 and an hours work.

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #1,980 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by biermagnaat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have a picture of that?

there are a few pictures of this in this thread...this very very long thread. this is a picture of another member's, but mine looks exactly the same since he did mine..

img0361ll6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back