Official K-81 DJ thread
Jan 11, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #1,951 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone seen these for cheaper than 70usd (shipped, Amazon)?
Also, this is probably a re-hashed question, but does anyoe know if the cool black version will ever be released in the US?

i'm looking for a better deal to.............seems like amazon has the best deal though
frown.gif
(can't find it any cheaper)

ANY SUGGESTIONS.........PLSSSSSSSSSS(i've spent nearly 10 hours trying to look for one)

Jan 11, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #1,952 of 2,661
Google Checkout

And you could have spent those 10 hours working, and just bought a pair for $70 and it would have been nothing. haha.

Jan 11, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #1,953 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm looking for a better deal to.............seems like amazon has the best deal though
frown.gif
(can't find it any cheaper)

ANY SUGGESTIONS.........PLSSSSSSSSSS(i've spent nearly 10 hours trying to look for one)

Here you go $57.12 + shipping:

http://www.thetwistergroup.com/produ...%20D33381.html

I ordered my K81dj's from them last Friday and they are due to arrive today according to UPS's website. I can't comment on the company until I have product in hand but I'll update as soon as they arrive. They ship out of Phoenix and they charged my +- $9 to Denver. I guess it'll save ya a couple bucks, but it's the best deal I found and I hunted hard...

Jan 12, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #1,956 of 2,661
I'll keep it simple. I can't say anything that hasn't already been covered in 90 some pages of posts. The company is good. I'd order from them again, no sweat. Shipping was a little pricey, but nothing to worry about.

As for the K81dj's....lets just say I'd forgotten how nice it is to find a quiet room and just rock out for a couple hours on a nice set of cans. I listen almost exclusively to electronica/house/trance etc.....these cans are bliss.
basshead.gif

Jan 14, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #1,957 of 2,661
I like these cans a lot. I stretched out the headband until the cans are sitting about 2 inches away from each other and they're a lot more comfortable. Before I did this they were really uncomfortable after like an hour. I have about 50 hours of pink noise burn in and they're sounding really great.

Here's a pic of them stretchedddd
l_bdc577b8acd3a7c05685b4942b62cce7.jpg

Jan 14, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #1,959 of 2,661
WOW!!! tell me how to stretch the headband like that please.

Jan 14, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #1,960 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagabond /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that arch at the top from you stretching them? Wow. Mine look nothing like that.

mine are also streched but they don't have an arch like that

Jan 14, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #1,961 of 2,661
does anybody know if it is a hard job to just cut off a bit of the cable and solder a new plug on them so that the cable isn't so long? excuse my english.

Jan 14, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #1,962 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by biermagnaat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anybody know if it is a hard job to just cut off a bit of the cable and solder a new plug on them so that the cable isn't so long? excuse my english.

If you're going to do that, just have someone re-cable them for you with better cable. A fellow head-fier was nice enough to do mine for a very small amount of money using Mogami mini-quad cable - much better quality and better sound, and more convenient because it's shorter.

Jan 14, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #1,964 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're going to do that, just have someone re-cable them for you with better cable. A fellow head-fier was nice enough to do mine for a very small amount of money using Mogami mini-quad cable - much better quality and better sound, and more convenient because it's shorter.

can you tell me who it was and what the costs where?

Jan 15, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #1,965 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by chat7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW!!! tell me how to stretch the headband like that please.

First take the rubber thing off of the metal (you know, bend it off).
Then hold the AKG logo in one hand (so that part keeps its shape) and then bend one side at a time outward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back