Official K-81 DJ thread
Jan 5, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #1,937 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohlias /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also note that they keep your ears toasty warm for winter.

hmmph, i actually bought my k81dj's in anticipation for winter here in Canada. One problem though, it was freakin 9 degrees C today!! Where did winter go in Canada???

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #1,938 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmph, i actually bought my k81dj's in anticipation for winter here in Canada. One problem though, it was freakin 9 degrees C today!! Where did winter go in Canada???

same here pall!!! 11 degrees C in enschede holland also not quite winter temperatures.

Jan 10, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #1,942 of 2,661
I recieved my set in mid Dec. and have maybe 60 hrs. on them. I also did the foam mod and the blue tack mod. They are now sounding really fine....bass has calmed down and I feel is tighter w/ the blue tack. Highs and mids are now more defined I think because of the burn in and the foam mod. That foam covering the driver grill is deceptivley thick. If you are not aware of this mod all you do is remove the pad (it just slips on and off) and cut the foam off from behind the ear pad. I used one of those retractable disposable razor knives with the snap off blade. The blue tack mod requires you to remove the three screws you will see once you remove the ear pads. Once the drivers are removed from the enclosure (just lightly pry them out) use that stuff they used in school to hang a poster (that stuff that is plyable and can be rolled into little balls) to press a thin layer inside the cups. Reassemble and enjoy!

Jan 10, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #1,946 of 2,661
i have about 200 hours on them maybe more i'm not quite sure but i love them more everytime i use them. they sound realy great!

does the mod with the white stuff make a big differecen? (lost the name of it)
very_evil_smiley.gif

i've took away the foam it realy worked and there now fulltime burning in using white and pink noise, must say it works!

do these headphones benefit of a simple amp like a pa2v2 or a little dot micro?

Jan 11, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #1,948 of 2,661
Has anyone seen these for cheaper than 70usd (shipped, Amazon)?
Also, this is probably a re-hashed question, but does anyoe know if the cool black version will ever be released in the US?

Jan 11, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #1,949 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tjohnusa: you remove the thin inner level too? What's there to protect the drivers from dust and dirt?

Yes I did remove it...There is the plastic "grill" over the driver. There is nothing to filter out dust except when I blast them loud and have all the dust shoved into my ear canal....What...what!?
580smile.gif

Jan 11, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #1,950 of 2,661
I got mine yesterday and have about 20 hours of pink noise burn in. They sound great, I'm really really impressed with them. I took out the inside foam stuff and did the headband squeeze thing and that really improved comfort.
I listened to a song I hadn't in a long time and noticed synths in it for the first time (they were mixed way too low).

I'm going to recable it shorter before I go on my next trip. I have the beastly cable in a wire tie right now. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back