Official K-81 DJ thread
Sep 27, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #1,531 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh
[Off topic]

This thread is the probably longest thread I ever seen....

[Off topic/]

Uhh huh huh, yea yeah, me too me too.

Sep 27, 2006 at 9:30 AM Post #1,532 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baycode
Uhh huh huh, yea yeah, me too me too.

Massive thread!

We all love our K81DJs
eggosmile.gif

Sep 27, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #1,534 of 2,661
Currently waiting for my shipment for the headphones, man I can barely wait any longer! I want to see what all the hype is about, and my Sennheiser HD-495's on my laptop just can't cut it once I try turning up the volume halfway decent.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 27, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #1,535 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich
Currently waiting for my shipment for the headphones, man I can barely wait any longer!

You're gonna love 'em!

I'm groovin' with mine right now and they sound fantastic considering how little they cost!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #1,537 of 2,661
Just got mine. I'm really liking them, but it's not as amazing as it's been for other people here.

I did buy them from someone on the forums, is another burn-in going to be beneficial to me? Also, the bands barely go out enough to fit, is this normal? Thanks.

Sep 28, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #1,538 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555
Ya I have to use 9th or sometimes 10th detent depending on how comfortable I want them to be on my head(Ya... weird I say this). If you hear channel imbalance, and when you switch it's still there, then two things can happen:
1. Your right ear is less senstive than your left ear. (hope it's not this case, so... let's see next case)
2. The way you wear them might be incorrect.
Try to wear them on your head so that you get seal on both side, and adjust it until you hear sound coming from both side form a correct image in your head.

Hope this helps
wink.gif

Yeah, I edited my post saying I wasn't wearing them right. It turns out one earcup was at 8 and the other at 10.. Silly me.

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #1,539 of 2,661
Since this is my first real set of headphones I have a quick question. Someone has to have a copy of Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused. In the beginning is that the snare rattling in the background as the bass is playing the first few notes? Or is that my headphones?
confused.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #1,541 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
I don't hear any rattling ThirtySixBelow, is it actual rattling or just a hissing sound in the background? Through all of my headphones I hear a sort of hissing sound in the background, but no rattling.

It's more of a buzzing noise. It's either a snare rattling or my driver is loose in my headphone. I don't have anything else that I can compare with. There normally isn't just bass with silence to be able to hear if it were something loose.

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #1,542 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirtySixBelow
It's more of a buzzing noise. It's either a snare rattling or my driver is loose in my headphone. I don't have anything else that I can compare with. There normally isn't just bass with silence to be able to hear if it were something loose.

I just tried it again with my K81DJs and I don't get a buzzing sound, but you might try a different copy of the song first? Unless it's the original CD or your rip, I'd try another copy of the song if you haven't noticed the buzzing with any other songs.

Sep 28, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #1,545 of 2,661
600smile.gif
Thank you guys for all of the posts in this thread guys, I am currently enjoying my K81DJs! I can't believe I actually read probably around 60 pages of this thread before deciding on buying these headphones. I already made up my mind probably 30 pages worth into reading but I wanted to hear more. I would've read all but I was getting tired (was reading from midnight to about 1am or so). Anyways these are great phones and I really want to hear all my CDs/mp3s through them just so I can really get to enjoy all my music collection as it was meant to be! K81DJ = Best Phones under $100 period.
biggrin.gif
They will be even better once they get broken in! And I haven't tried taking out the foam inserts as I enjoy a little more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back