Official K-81 DJ thread
Sep 20, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #1,501 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
I wish I would have bought mine from fascinationproducts... whoever I bought mine from on eBay is taking FOREVER...

Who did you buy them from? If it was from Digital4Cheap then you probably aren't going to get them. I tried buying from them on my first attempt to get these cans and it took around 2 weeks before he finally said that he didn't ship them. According to his feedback it happens a little more often than it should. He was very quick in giving me a refund though. Fascination is the only way to go, even if you have to wait for them to get some in stock.

Sep 20, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #1,502 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573
Who did you buy them from? If it was from Digital4Cheap then you probably aren't going to get them. I tried buying from them on my first attempt to get these cans and it took around 2 weeks before he finally said that he didn't ship them. According to his feedback it happens a little more often than it should. He was very quick in giving me a refund though. Fascination is the only way to go, even if you have to wait for them to get some in stock.

yes, it was from digital4cheap
frown.gif
i emailed asking what was up, he said they were shipped on 9/13. still not here
frown.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #1,503 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrybogard21
I just wanted to say hi, and a huge thanks to you all. I'm new here and very new to the world of headphones, at least quality wise. I did some searching for a basic headphone with good bass and clarity over my $20 sony MDR's. I read alot of threads and saw alot of users mentioning the AKG K81DJ headphones and even read most if not all the post on the thread for it.

Huge thanks to you all, I ordered them sunday from headroom.com and got them tuesday with my X-Fi soundcard. When I pulled them out the box I was blown away at the feel and then when I played my first song I was just like stunned...

I listened and listened and listened to so much more music on my ipod's and on my computer, that I felt like my ears came alive each time a song came on. So honestly thanks to you all for the feedback you gave on them and the threads you took time out to give opinions on cause I only want quality headphones, for future use and I just placed another order for the Grado SR-80's as well.

Still gonna do a burn-in phase overnight and all day, but man it's great to be using a great pair of headphones.

-Jumaane
600smile.gif

p.s. Thanks for making me a Audiophile

Nuff Said
basshead.gif

-Jumaane

Sep 21, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #1,504 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
Hi,

I've recently come across these new offerings from AKG. As I mentioned before, I really can't stand the canalphones. Therefore, I decided to look into MDR-V6, HD201/205, HD280, MDR-XD400, DT250, K81/181.

Obviously not much info on these K81/181DJ as they're fresh for 2006. Even the findings of these headphones are not readily available, unless you check out our proud sponsors like TTVJ, Headroom. Supposely they're suppose to be the bigger siblings of K26/27.

Anyway, I see there has been some curiosity building toward these unknown objects. I fully intend to explore them on their virtues of comfort, sound, value, build quality, packaging, portability, etc.

Anyone else who like to share their opinion and findings on these cans, please be sure to post it here so the members will easily find the article on the latest supraural closed cans from AKG. Thanks.

I should be getting the K81 from Todd soon. I make sure to post some pix and comments soon.

Did you ever think this thread would still be going strong?

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:14 PM Post #1,505 of 2,661
After just a week of use, my K81DJs have loosened up a lot
lambda.gif
Quite comfy now
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:27 PM Post #1,506 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
yes, it was from digital4cheap
frown.gif
i emailed asking what was up, he said they were shipped on 9/13. still not here
frown.gif

He gave me the same song and dance. Hate to say it, but you probably aren't going to see those headphones anytime soon. On the bright side though, he was very easy to get a refund from.

Sep 21, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #1,508 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573
He gave me the same song and dance. Hate to say it, but you probably aren't going to see those headphones anytime soon. On the bright side though, he was very easy to get a refund from.

i just emailed him and told him they didn't come again today and asked if it was a mistake that mine didn't get shipped, and if I could have a refund. Hopefully he'll respond tonight, but if not I'm going to go ahead and order from fascinationproducts or headroom tonight. I want these headphones dammit!

Sep 21, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #1,509 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII
Wonder what the old record was - since I'll bet we've shattered it. Moderators?

Pretty sure Curse You is bigger.

Sep 21, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #1,510 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII
Wonder what the old record was - since I'll bet we've shattered it. Moderators?

This is definitly the largest thread on the headphone forums with 1,508 replies with the A250 from eBay at second with 624. Curse You in the general forum has 2,831 replies with a Watches topic in second with 1,031. The largest thread I could find would have to be the Music Game VI one in the music forums with a whopping 7,935 replies as to this date.

I was also wondering if someone could compare the differences between the K81DJ and K240S. I'm looking for a circumaural version of the DJs and was wondering how well they stack up.

Sep 22, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #1,512 of 2,661
Here goes: I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj I love my k81dj

Sep 22, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #1,514 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaughtfried
This is definitly the largest thread on the headphone forums with 1,508 replies with the A250 from eBay at second with 624. Curse You in the general forum has 2,831 replies with a Watches topic in second with 1,031. The largest thread I could find would have to be the Music Game VI one in the music forums with a whopping 7,935 replies as to this date.

I was also wondering if someone could compare the differences between the K81DJ and K240S. I'm looking for a circumaural version of the DJs and was wondering how well they stack up.

The older AKG studio phones are nothing like the K81DJ in sound signature. They're more distant, less dynamic, less groovy.

Sep 22, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #1,515 of 2,661
After a few days I'm really glad about my purchase. These headphones are awesome. I'm suprised how large the soundstage for something so small on my ears. It feels like the sound is comming from outside of the headphones
basshead.gif
My next purchase will probably be grado 225 for my rock now that I have my trance and portability covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back