Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Jul 31, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #9,092 of 10,664
Anybody know where to buy these batteries? I've been looking in the usual places but have drawn a blank.
It's size is roughly the equivalent to two standard thin iPod batteries, side by side.

It fitted really well in a thin iPod with a 256GB msata SSD.

I just asked Alex for the smaller battery (instead of the super large 2000mAh):

9425494.jpg

Here's my setup: A 512GB iPod Video/Classic with an extended-life battery and internal Bluetooth

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #9,095 of 10,664
Team,

After 20 years, man that was a long time, on the Ipod(s) I'm moving on to another device.
Before I go I would like to thank all those on this thread that help me in times of dispair, and for extending the life of our much loved Ipods when Apple abandoned us.
Special thanks to Tarkan for the adapter so that I could have two 500G Ipods.
To those working on your Ipods get a set of tools from ifixit to make your life easier to open the Ipods and not ruin the battery connector like I did, (I ruined two).
Keep on Ipoding!!
Cheers,
Bana

Aug 18, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #9,096 of 10,664
Team,

After 20 years, man that was a long time, on the Ipod(s) I'm moving on to another device.
Before I go I would like to thank all those on this thread that help me in times of dispair, and for extending the life of our much loved Ipods when Apple abandoned us.
Special thanks to Tarkan for the adapter so that I could have two 500G Ipods.
To those working on your Ipods get a set of tools from ifixit to make your life easier to open the Ipods and not ruin the battery connector like I did, (I ruined two).
Keep on Ipoding!!
Cheers,
Bana

Just don't expect the same user experience (UI and features) once you leave the iPod world. Unless you go for an AK DAP or a Sony. Almost all DAPs out there have buggy and spotty UI. Worse, missing or totally not working basic functions for a Dap. I don't see myself totally leaving the ipod until mine is totally dead and no more available parts to repair it. Once you find the right headphones/earphones it still very competitive with any TOTL setup costing US 2K + today.

My biggest problem with DAPs these days is battery life.

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #9,097 of 10,664
Just don't expect the same user experience (UI and features) once you leave the iPod world. Unless you go for an AK DAP or a Sony. Almost all DAPs out there have buggy and spotty UI. Worse, missing or totally not working basic functions for a Dap. I don't see myself totally leaving the ipod until mine is totally dead and no more available parts to repair it. Once you find the right headphones/earphones it still very competitive with any TOTL setup costing US 2K + today.

My biggest problem with DAPs these days is battery life.

After much research, and soul searching I decided on the Sony NW-WM1Z. From all reports, as I will not have it in my hands until later today, Sony did an excellent job with the DAP in general and UI and the battery life seems excellent. Folks on the Sony forum swear by it.
I'm keeping my Ipods as a backup just in case.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #9,100 of 10,664
After much research, and soul searching I decided on the Sony NW-WM1Z. From all reports, as I will not have it in my hands until later today, Sony did an excellent job with the DAP in general and UI and the battery life seems excellent. Folks on the Sony forum swear by it.
I'm keeping my Ipods as a backup just in case.
nw-wm1z.jpg

It looks like i could throw this thing from 3th floor and it would only get some scratches, looks skookum, but for 2.700$ with only one sd slot, i don't think its a great buy, you could have an ipod with 1tb bit battery and a good external dac for way less

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #9,105 of 10,664
nw-wm1z.jpg

It looks like i could throw this thing from 3th floor and it would only get some scratches, looks skookum, but for 2.700$ with only one sd slot, i don't think its a great buy, you could have an ipod with 1tb bit battery and a good external dac for way less

My friend, coming from 20 years on Ipods,I can honestly say after just four hours of listening, The sound is unbelievable, clear, quiet, able to drive my IE800 and HD800 without taking a breath.
Just listened to Film & the BBs, "big notes". Breathtaking!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back