Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Dec 9, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #4,457 of 10,664
Ok I've got the 850 mah battery sourced in the uk, but just want to make sure that the 60-80 gig covers will fit the ipod 30 gig fine?

I was going to order from one place, but typically they have sold out of the covers!

Thanks for the patience, don't want to screw this up!

Dec 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #4,458 of 10,664
  Ok I've got the 850 mah battery sourced in the uk, but just want to make sure that the 60-80 gig covers will fit the ipod 30 gig fine?

I was going to order from one place, but typically they have sold out of the covers!

Thanks for the patience, don't want to screw this up!

It fits fine, but you need the 60, 80GB headphone jack if you want it to be perfect.

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #4,459 of 10,664
  It fits fine, but you need the 60, 80GB headphone jack if you want it to be perfect.

Thanks, am I right in thinking that I don't need the headphone jack connected if I plan to run this from an amp through the lod?

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #4,462 of 10,664
Right panic over, the site I was going to get them all from was down last night so had to find somewhere in the uk that had the 850 mah battery.  No dice.  Left it till this morning and the site was backup with everything I needed (battery, toolset, headjack) but no cover (they had them listed, but sold out!).  So I've just been onto ebay and bought a 60 gig cover which should get here before the weekend.  So that's the shopping done.  Now hopefully everything gets here before the weekend so I can get this little lot together.

I'd been on what I call 'lockdown' (self imposed no spending for the last six months or so beyond the bare minium)I think this month (black friday and now this) has put paid to that.

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #4,463 of 10,664
Hi,

I want to buy a Y cable to sync my Ipod 7th gen and to charge it at the same time so I should be able to load in one time a mSATA card

I received some answers from Y cable sellers on Ebay
This one for exemple : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Original-APPLE-SYNC-docking-cable-USB-FIREWIRE-Nano-iPod-mini-3G-4G-photo-U2-/321549525546?pt=US_FireWire_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4addd8622a

"The cable is compatible with Ipod 7th generation
But, like another one I bought, it can't sync with USB and charge with Firewire at the same time.
It worked with an Ipod 5G :I could sync it and the Firewire was also plugged at the same time and I didn't meet any issue
With my Ipod 7G, I can sync with USB, I can charge with USB, I can charge with Firewire, but I can't sync with USB and charge with Firewire at the same time

I can see DR650SE posted a picture of its lead dual cable here :

On the picture, we can see that it works with an Ipod 5G

Should it also work with Ipod 7G?

Does someone use this kind of Y cable with its Ipod 7G? A picture would be appreciated

For your informations, I'm thinking about buying this one:

If someone here uses this dual cable to sync & charge its Ipod 7G, I would appreciate to share
Thank you

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #4,464 of 10,664

If someone here uses this dual cable to sync & charge its Ipod 7G, I would appreciate to share
Thank you

I only sync with MediaMonkey and never use iTunes other than to restore when I do the initial install. I do have the original Apple firewire charger and cable and will test it tonight with MediaMonkey to see if it works.  I shall post an update in about 12 hours.

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #4,465 of 10,664
Thank you Cmarti,

In fact, I already bought a Y cable here : http://www.ebay.com/itm/260733933530?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

. It works (sync + charge at the same time) with my Ipod Video 5G 80Gb
. It syncs with my Ipod touch but it doesn’t charge through Firewire

Ipod 7th Gen  :
. It can charge my Ipod Classic 7th gen through USB or through Firewire
. The Ipod is mounted under Windows through USB
. If I plug the Firewire to the wall charger at the same time, it still works under Windows, I can navigate under the different folders on the Ipod
. If I launch Itunes, the Ipod is mountend but the sync doesn't start and I can't navigate under Windows on the Ipod after that

Maybe it's a problem with the cable itself
I want to buy an Apple original

But I would like to know if someone had ever known success with this kind of cable to sync its Ipod 7th gen with itunes and charge with firewire
Thank you

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #4,466 of 10,664
This is OT, but maybe your guys can give me some suggestions. I have a Sansa Fuze with paint peeling off on the wheel and on the back. I want to repaint it. What's the recommended paint for this purpose? Appreciate if you have the link for the product. Thanks

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #4,467 of 10,664
HI, so I'm new to this, just joined head-fi so i could ask, would the Mushkin Chronos GO 240gb work in this situation. I have a 5g 30gb that I'm working with.
The link to the drive is there, its a 3.3V which 'Freeze' has said will work but its not one of his options, help please.
http://www.ramexperts.com/mushkin-mknssdcg240gb-solid-state-drive-chronos-go-sata-iii-6gbps-240gb-1-8-ssd.html

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #4,468 of 10,664
Edit: sorry that I didn't read the answer before but still, Why do some of you buy the enclosure anyway if its not a necessity?

I was planning to make a gift to my dad engraving the signatures of his sons in a new back cover (something like the U2 version) but I think I should make the ipod work before going creative. Any recommendation will be appreciated!I'm about to get the crucial m500 480gb and I wanted to make sure that's the only thing I need (besides tarkan's adapter and the ipod of course) I got a set of tools just in case. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #4,469 of 10,664
  Thank you Cmarti,

In fact, I already bought a Y cable here : http://www.ebay.com/itm/260733933530?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

. It works (sync + charge at the same time) with my Ipod Video 5G 80Gb
. It syncs with my Ipod touch but it doesn’t charge through Firewire

Ipod 7th Gen  :
. It can charge my Ipod Classic 7th gen through USB or through Firewire
. The Ipod is mounted under Windows through USB
. If I plug the Firewire to the wall charger at the same time, it still works under Windows, I can navigate under the different folders on the Ipod
. If I launch Itunes, the Ipod is mountend but the sync doesn't start and I can't navigate under Windows on the Ipod after that

Maybe it's a problem with the cable itself
I want to buy an Apple original

But I would like to know if someone had ever known success with this kind of cable to sync its Ipod 7th gen with itunes and charge with firewire
Thank you

Sync worked with the 7th gen iPod connected to the USB cable and Firewire to wall jack simultaneously. I have the original Apple cable and wall charger if that makes any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back