Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Jan 19, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #2,011 of 10,664
With a completely clean bypass mod (aka flying to those pins directly from dac), the ipod video doesn't sound anything warm at all to my ears because of the neutrality and transparency. But the wolfson does sound more musical and refined.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #2,012 of 10,664
  With a completely clean bypass mod (aka flying to those pins directly from dac), the ipod video doesn't sound anything warm at all to my ears because of the neutrality and transparency. But the wolfson does sound more musical and refined.

No doubt, I was just referring to a)popular theory and b)articles found on the net comparing headphone out.

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #2,015 of 10,664
Just let you guys know Wellcore will be closed between Jan 26 and Feb 6 for the Chinese New Year (CNY), in case you are thinking about ordering that CF card.

Meantime, my contact has promised to me she will push hard after the CNY for having Wellcore produce a 512GB CF sample for me to try. :)

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #2,017 of 10,664
Wellcore is a joke
frown.gif

I sent them an email few days ago as I wanted to buy a 256 GB cf and they have never replayed to me with price nor where to order it from.
They don't know how to treat their costumers... Very disappointed.

Dude I could help you but I am a little concerned about your demeanor.

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #2,018 of 10,664
Wellcore is a joke
frown.gif

I sent them an email few days ago as I wanted to buy a 256 GB cf and they have never replayed to me with price nor where to order it from.

Checked your spam folder?

Would it be too late to order now or best to wait till after cny Dminor?

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #2,019 of 10,664

Wellcore is a joke
frown.gif

Checked your spam folder?

Would it be too late to order now or best to wait till after cny Dminor?

Both cmarti and myself said to PM us for contact info, and I don't know if he got the contact info from cmarti. We only want to help the head-fi'ers to get a better price than if you would have to order from aliexpress.com.

You already got the contact info and just shoot an email asking whether it can be shipped out before the break for CNY if you order now.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #2,020 of 10,664

Both cmarti and myself said to PM us for contact info, and I don't know if he got the contact info from cmarti. We only want to help the head-fi'ers to get a better price than if you would have to order from aliexpress.com.

You already got the contact info and just shoot an email asking whether it can be shipped out before the break for CNY if you order now.

Thanks.

Am I right in thinking that msata is too much of a lottery for it to work in 5th gen ipods due to heat?  Right now on amazon you can get a 240 gig for £109 which is quite a saving.  Not worth it though if it doesn't work (I know 7th gen's don't and not fussed about rockbox!).

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #2,021 of 10,664

Thanks.

Am I right in thinking that msata is too much of a lottery for it to work in 5th gen ipods due to heat?  Right now on amazon you can get a 240 gig for £109 which is quite a saving.  Not worth it though if it doesn't work (I know 7th gen's don't and not fussed about rockbox!).

When I tried the Crucial M500 240GB mSATA, yes it gave me the heat issue.

Cost wise the msata is a more attractive option, but personally I need a mod which is stable, power efficient and rockboxable. If the 256GB CF is not a option, I would rather have a 128GB CF than a 240GB mSATA. But that's just me.

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #2,022 of 10,664

musicday didn't PM me for Wellcore's contact information.

On my experience the card was shipped since the 14th but it's stuck in Origin Post is Preparing Shipment status.

I am sure that is not the seller's fault, maybe the post office service in China is super slow.

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2,023 of 10,664
  musicday didn't PM me for Wellcore's contact information.

On my experience the card was shipped since the 14th but it's stuck in Origin Post is Preparing Shipment status.

I am sure that is not the seller's fault, maybe the post office service in China is super slow.

No worry same thing happened to me. I had that same status for about 10 days then one day suddenly the status updated to "Tracking Status: 2013-12-31 17:36, Processed through USPS Sort Facility".

It may take a little bit longer to get to the east coast than here tho.

I know waiting is painful but you should get it this week.

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #2,024 of 10,664

No worry same thing happened to me. I had that same status for about 10 days then one day suddenly the status updated to "Tracking Status: 2013-12-31 17:36, Processed through USPS Sort Facility".

It may take a little bit longer to get to the east coast than here tho.

I know waiting is painful but you should get it this week.

Thank for the information.

Can't wait to try the card on both iPods. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back