Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread
May 10, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #2,737 of 9,621
At least I asked; maybe BC will put this in their idea-pool if they have one...
Hi,
>
>Is there a way to search for NYP or free albums aside from relying on the "free download" or "name your price" tags? Not all albums that are NYP or free use those tags in their descriptions.
response:
I'm afraid we don't have any other method for locating free releases - sorry about that!

All the best,
Suzy

May 10, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #2,738 of 9,621
I'm not really a SoundCloud kind of guy so how do I get links to SC by signing up with BandCamp mailing lists? That doesn't really make sense to me.

I think I'm going to find good NYP artists by listening to Band Camp as much as I can, finding good artists and seeing if they offer NYP. I may be slower at posting links here than others and their research methods, but I think this will work the best for me.

Sorry, what I meant is that when I download albums from BC many of them require my email address. Later on, those artists send out promo emails to that address, and those emails often contain SC links. When I listen on SC, once that artist's last track finishes it switches to similar artists. If that other artist's tracks are good I look to see if they have a BC page, sometimes leading to NYP finds I wouldn't have found otherwise, repeating the cycle.

The BC-only method is fine as well; mine is just slightly lazier. I've given my (junk) email out so many times I almost never visit the discover section of BC anymore; albums come to me thru email (and this site) :)

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #2,741 of 9,621

Aura Qualic - The Wonderer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back