Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Feb 19, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #181 of 430
keyaki is the least v shaped. I cannot take the sakura treble.
I had a listen to the Keyaki balanced yesterday at the Fujiya show (report in my sig). It definitely stems from the Kaede/Sakura family. If one likes that family, would like the Keyaki.

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #182 of 430
I had a listen to the Keyaki balanced yesterday at the Fujiya show (report in my sig). It definitely stems from the Kaede/Sakura family. If one likes that family, would like the Keyaki.
definitely from kaede to the latest keyaki, the treble is getting less aggressive.

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #183 of 430
  Can anyone comment on the Sakura vs the Keyaki? Especially in terms of upper mids/treble energy bcos Sakura's is as much as my ears can take. I've heard the AKA II which was slightly more fatiguing than the Sakura.

Something tells me you will soon be able to make this comparison in person 
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #184 of 430
  Something tells me you will soon be able to make this comparison in person 
tongue.gif

Balanced vs SE ain't a fair fight bro!

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #186 of 430
Mm...after several months of use, I can confidently assert that the Akakeyaki Plus is one of the most musical and most engaging in-ears that I have ever owned. It is just so damn enjoyable. It got better over time. Definitely turned me into a huge fan of Ocharaku. My only regret is I did not wait for the balanced version. This is certainly better sounding than the more expensive Final Audio Fi-Ba-SST 2.5 that I recently acquired during CanJam Singapore.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #188 of 430
Guys! cdjapan now is selling Ocharaku iems! I'd been waiting for this., and now i have a question that only you guys here can answer.
(really love the Donguri series - and totally loved the Olasonic phones). Which one should I buy amongst the two- FLAT4 Kuro Ti Plus and Donguri Keyaki Ti Plus. Please advise, thanks! :)

Having owned the original Donguri Keyaki for an extended period of time and as a current owner of the Kaede Type II, I'd say it depends on what you listen to. The Donguris are better for vocals and things like chamber music, while I'd go with the Flat 4s for instrumentals on a large scale (like orchestras) with their massive soundstage. In other words, it all comes down to which niche is better suited to your preferred genre of music. :)

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #189 of 430
Having owned the original Donguri Keyaki for an extended period of time and as a current owner of the Kaede Type II, I'd say it depends on what you listen to. The Donguris are better for vocals and things like chamber music, while I'd go with the Flat 4s for instrumentals on a large scale (like orchestras) with their massive soundstage. In other words, it all comes down to which niche is better suited to your preferred genre of music. :)

I listen to a little bit of everything, actually. But less classical, more jazz, where i still need good instrument separation and timber. Would you say the Donguri has all the micro details you get in the FLAT4?? If yes, then i think I'd go for Donguri.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #190 of 430
I listen to a little bit of everything, actually. But less classical, more jazz, where i still need good instrument separation and timber. Would you say the Donguri has all the micro details you get in the FLAT4?? If yes, then i think I'd go for Donguri.

Within the soundstage, Donguri has excellent detail. But I would still say go for the Flat 4

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #191 of 430
Within the soundstage, Donguri has excellent detail. But I would still say go for the Flat 4

Thanks for the suggestion. Still, i have decided to go for the Donguri for the following reasons:
1. I have Olasonic NAMI - and have a taste of the wide soundstage we are talking about - and from what i've read, the difference from here on is not very noticeable.
2. I already have all the other phones from Donguri (love them), and the Keyaki Ti Plus would complete my collection.
3. You clarified that the Donguri has excellent detail retrieval - which was one of my prime concerns.
4. Keyaki ti plus is TOTL, and i would like a taste of the famed Zelkova wood. 
5. On my budget i can still only go for the Kuro Ti Plus, which i strongly feel can't be so different from the NAMI.

This is how I justify my choice. The time hasn't yet come for me to go for another FLAT4 IEM right now.
Thanks again for your inputs. It was valuable.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #192 of 430
Thanks for the suggestion. Still, i have decided to go for the Donguri for the following reasons:
1. I have Olasonic NAMI - and have a taste of the wide soundstage we are talking about - and from what i've read, the difference from here on is not very noticeable.
2. I already have all the other phones from Donguri (love them), and the Keyaki Ti Plus would complete my collection.
3. You clarified that the Donguri has excellent detail retrieval - which was one of my prime concerns.
5. On my budget i can still only go for the Kuro Ti Plus, which i strongly feel can't be so different from the NAMI.

This is how I justify my choice. The time hasn't yet come for me to go for another FLAT4 IEM right now.

From what I know, the Nami and the Kuro Ti Plus use different drivers so they *might* sound different, though I've never heard the Nami myself so I wouldn't know (within the Flat4 series, I only have listening experience with Kuro Ti Plus and all the TOTL wood Flat 4s)

From what I know, the Nami and Kuro Ti Plus have different drivers, so they *might* sound different. Wouldnt be too sure though because within the Flat 4 I'm only acquainted with the TOTL woods (Kaede to Keyaki) and the Kuro Ti Plus.

Either way you won't go wrong :) enjoy your upcoming new purchase!

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #193 of 430
Hi there!
Does someone here know how the Shinzuku compares to Fidelio S2 in overall soundquality?
(Sorry if this isn't the right thread, there are close to none Ocharaku threads. And those who are there deal mostly with the higher priced models. 
redface.gif
 )
Cheers!

May 10, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #194 of 430
I can't recall whether or not it's possible to simply re-terminate, say, the "quadruple conductor", but 3.5 mm SE terminated Keyaki Plus to balanced? Or would this version also have the grounds combined at the Y-split, like @alpha421 had described other/older models earlier in this thread, I wonder. Would like to save a bit of cash on the 3.5 mm version, but may just get the 4.4 mm TRRRS version to be safe.

EDIT: On the Ocharaku site, both the Keyaki and "Keyaki Balance" versions are shown as having the quadruple conductor cable, so perhaps the only difference is the final termination...?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back