Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Dec 19, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #151 of 430
me too
however i am thinking about donguri ti plus as well...just can't find trusted reviews on them (the guy over jyrab blog is developing a massive cross reference review on donguri/kaede/sakura/kaedeII)
the Ti Plus is like an extended Dita Answer mate haha, close to Dita Truth but more controlled.
I know the jyrab guy :wink: he let me try his gears.

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #153 of 430
Really?? Then tell Erei, plz, to finish that ******* review asap )))))
he is going to acquire the new flat 4 keyaki for a more comprehensive review so just hope they dont keep releasing new models!

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #154 of 430
I haven't listened to Dita so comparison with Donguri doesn't make sense to me unfortunately

I will receive kef m200 this week, will compare it to kaede II (the kef is often compared to radius in that they are very similar in sound sig)

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #156 of 430
reading countless reviews on totl iems head fi and then actually listening to the reviewed iems taught me one important lesson - never, EVER buy earphone based on "impression"
yeap but both of us know kaede 2 has the widest soundstage in an UIEM

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #158 of 430
Mm.initial impressions. I've longed to own an Ocharaku for the past 2 years (because of a few positive reviews, enough to capture my attention). As the Flat 4 Akakeyaki Plus is my first Ocharaku, I am not familiar with the Ocharaku house sound or tuning. For now, I can say that I am impressed with the SQ. It is one of the most comfortable in-ear I've ever worn. It feels like I am not wearing an in-ear. The powerful bass has impact and it is clearly defined but not overpowering. It does not bleed into the mids. The mids are well-behaved, very pleasant and natural sounding. The treble is very good but with the supplied Spinfit eartips, the treble has a lot of energy. I can hear some unpleasant sibilance. With the supplied Comply eartips, the sibilance is attenuated (reduced to next to nothing). Overall, the Akekayaki Plus is a very musical in-ear without sacrificing detail retrieval. It sounds less an in-ear and more a headphone.

Favorite DAP pairing, so far, is with the Cayin N6.

http://ocharaku.jp/sound/service/

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #159 of 430
Bumpin an subscribin

I tried the Sakura once (two months ago). Sound great, and highly clear. Didn't know they're limited editions. And by the next week they're sold (600 USD)

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #161 of 430
  Bumpin an subscribin

I tried the Sakura once (two months ago). Sound great, and highly clear. Didn't know they're limited editions. And by the next week they're sold (600 USD)

I managed to pick up a used Sakura+ on my last trip to Japan on October. It was the last stock e-earphone had. I took it after being told that I might not get one brand new anymore since this is a limited edition just like the previous Ocharaku models. This was the day after I bought the AKA Type II from Fujiya Avic which is the first time I hear an Ocharaku and was a mind-blowing experience.

They tend to sound as good as the source driving it. So far my favorite source is LPG and Hugo. Both brings out the best out of Sakura imo. Only the NT-6 surpass it among my iem collection. Fit and isolation is not as good as my T8ieMKII, otherwise this will be my daily driver complementing NT-6. The Sakura is very good at revealing details. Making my JH Roxanne sound dull and boring.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #162 of 430
Mm...I am hooked on Ocharaku.
biggrin.gif

Together with Stax and Fitear, it is now a favorite Japanese brand. Go Nippon!

The Japanese do have some the best earphones/Headphones. I have a fitear 333 on order. Together with my Sakura+ and NT-6 I believe I have the most resolving yet fun sounding iems. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #163 of 430
  I managed to pick up a used Sakura+ on my last trip to Japan on October. It was the last stock e-earphone had. I took it after being told that I might not get one brand new anymore since this is a limited edition just like the previous Ocharaku models. This was the day after I bought the AKA Type II from Fujiya Avic which is the first time I hear an Ocharaku and was a mind-blowing experience.

They tend to sound as good as the source driving it. So far my favorite source is LPG and Hugo. Both brings out the best out of Sakura imo. Only the NT-6 surpass it among my iem collection. Fit and isolation is not as good as my T8ieMKII, otherwise this will be my daily driver complementing NT-6. The Sakura is very good at revealing details. Making my JH Roxanne sound dull and boring.

Lucky you. They have that clarity that I like

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #164 of 430

Quote:
Mm...I am hooked on Ocharaku.
biggrin.gif

Together with Stax and Fitear, it is now a favorite Japanese brand. Go Nippon!

The Japanese do have some the best earphones/Headphones. I have a fitear 333 on order. Together with my Sakura+ and NT-6 I believe I have the most resolving yet fun sounding iems. 

Yeah they do. I wonder how the Japanese-Chinese hybrid Oriolus compares to the Japanese Ocharaku or Fitear?

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #165 of 430
Mm..I only wish the Ocharakus were made widely available (for easier audition). As it is, the nearest source to me is King Sound Pro Shop in Mongkok. Hopefully, they are as well-built and as durable as my beloved Fitear (TG 334). I had a choice between the Keyak Plus and the Akakeyaki Plus. Difference is in the length of the canal. I chose the longer Akakeyaki Plus. Thing is the dealer did not allow me to demo until I parted with my money. I had no idea what the sound signature was and what the fitment would be. Took a leap of faith. Faith rewarded. I am listening to the Akakeyaki Plus more than the Noble Katana (bought on the same trip). Addicting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back